Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

10 Weeks 3 Days Along, Quotes, Charley's Cancer

10 Weeks 3 Days Along

The pain in my sciatica nerve has gotten better. Possibly because I'm walking/stretching more, possibly because of John's massages. My nausea has come back and so I'm back on the Diclegis. And I've got some heartburn as well. My sense of smell, being pregnant, is very strong. And the smells in this apartment, specifically the bathroom and the kitchen are basically unbearable. My sense of smell has never been this strong. Every time I go into the kitchen or bathroom I feel like vomiting. And when I do vomit in the bathroom, it makes it so much worse to have to smell that smell while I'm gagging up the contents of my entire stomach. ... Still excited to be pregnant, though! Looking so much forward to that 12 week mark, when I'll exit my first trimester and we can start telling everyone we are pregnant. Yay!... John has been working a lot, and covering parts of shifts for co-workers and attending work meetings that are outside of his normal work week hours. He comes home from his 12 or 13 hour shifts so very much exhausted and often times, he picks up dinner for us on his way home! So so nice. He starts school the beginning of October and he'll be taking 20 credits per semester! Granted, a semester is 6 months long, and some of the courses he'll be able to finish before the semester ends. With this school, it's best to move fast, because you pay tuition by the semester, not the credit hour. So, the more credits you fit into the semester, the more bang you get for your buck.  He'll be able to finish in one year at this rate. And then we will be applying for grad school! I really admire him for being so ambitious as to take on so much in order to finish at a faster rate. He's very smart, he's going to do a great job!  John is also going to be an awesome dad. I can't wait for this little one inside of me to meet him!...I wish I could feel the baby move, already. I really have no way of knowing that she or he is okay without having an ultrasound everyday, which is obviously not feasible. I'll just have to rely on faith and remain positive. My back still feels pretty good, though, due to the hormones. It's nice to have a break from that discomfort.  9/23/17

Quotes

"Gratitude eliminates fear, worry, grief, and depression, and brings happiness, kindness, compassion, understanding, and peace of mind."... "Remember, happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have; it depends solely on what you think." 9/23/17

Charley's Cancer

As of late, John has been getting texts from Gordon of Charley (the sassy boston terrier). She is SUPER skinny because she won't eat. I guess they still have some tests to run, but Gordon says they are pretty sure she has cancer. So sad. They lost Lucy not too long ago. John has been a huge fan of Charley for years; ever since he lived with Gordon years ago. Hopefully we can visit her before she passes. They'll probably have to put her down soon.  9/23/17

No comments:

Post a Comment