Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Las Vegas Mass Shooting, 11 Weeks 6 Days Along

Las Vegas Mass Shooting

October 1st was the day the shooting occurred. It's the largest mass shooting, ever, in the history of the United States. It brings back feelings from 9/11. What happened: There was a country concert going on at a venue several hundred feet from the hotel of Mandalay Bay Hotel. Big and Rich sang, as did Jason Aldean. An evil man named Stephen Paddock rented a large suite on the 32nd floor. He brought a myriad of weapons with him; some were assault rifles. Towards the end of the show, when Jason Aldean was performing, the suite's windows were broken (2 of them) and Stephen Paddock started firing rounds down into the crowd of concert goers. They thought it was fireworks at first, so it took them a while to realize the noise was a gun and that they needed to high-tail it out of that area. I heard stories of men covering their wives or their children, or even strangers. Some people stayed in the line of fire, in order to help save others who had already been shot. A man named Benjamin Smith, who was 30 years old, saved 30 people and was eventually shot in the neck; luckily he survived. But many were not so lucky. Out of 22,000 concert attendees, 59 have passed away, and over 400 are injured. Hospitals and doctors in the area were overwhelmed. People were hiding under stranger's cars. Strangers were asking strangers to drive them to the hospital. Police personnel were running into danger and blocking citizens from the fire power, so that they had the opportunity to escape.  As the cops were approaching his room, he killed himself, allegedly... I've been reading profiles of some of the people killed. One girl recently graduated and had become a CNA and attended the concert with her boyfriend. Another was a 20 year old man who was LDS was killed. It doesn't appear that there were any children in attendance. We haven't heard of any having been hurt. That's some good news....I can't imagine the level pain their loved ones are experiencing right now. I pray that they have faith in God and in the life hereafter. And if they don't already, I pray that they will come to a realization of God and His plan of happiness. This is a time they and the rest of the nation, especially, need the help of the power of the atonement. Christ can lighten our pain and burdens... Here are pictures of some of the deceased. I figure we make them famous, rather than the actual killer:


How can this level of evil exist in our country? These kind of tragedies didn't happen when I was a kid. Seems like they are happening more and more, as of late....John and I talked about how we could have been there. We've gone to a number of country concerts. Had we been in Vegas that night, that Jason Aldean concert is exactly where we would have been. Thankfully we were not there. I'm glad that my family and friends were not there either.  10/3/17

11 Weeks 6 Days Along

Seems like my belly is growing by the day. You can definitely see it, when I wear more form fitting shirts. I, almost consistently, experience no nausea in the morning, but come evening time, I definitely feel it. So I have to keep taking the Diclegis if I want to eat healthy foods like fruit...  I'm so excited for tomorrow- 12 weeks! Almost out of my first trimester! This pregnancy is such a blessing. I'm having more and more faith and belief that I'll give birth to a healthy, full term baby. What will he/ she be like? Personality-wise? What will he/ she look like? Will he/she look more like me or more like John? John and I are VERY different looking. Who knows what our gene-combination will cook up!....John had an eye appointment today. His vision changes so often, he has to get new lenses frequently. $280 for just the lenses! That's with health insurance vision plan. 10/3/17

No comments:

Post a Comment