Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Pinterest Game, 11 Weeks Along

Pinterest Game

John and I made up this game back when we were dating and tonight I wanted to play it again, so we did. One person is in charge of the scroll mechanism on the mouse; he or she scrolls down Pinterest until they find something they like. Then the other person has to pick out what the thing is the scrolling person likes. It worked better back when the pins were smaller and so there was more on each page. It was still fun though. You get to know each other's likes and dislikes. And I'm currently on Pinterest more than I'd like to admit. 9/26/17

11 Weeks Along

I can't believe it! John and I are so excited to be this far along! We watched the "What to Expect" video for the 11 week mark and we're stunned by all of his/ her developments and milestones. Baby is about 1/3 of an ounce and about 2 inches long. He or she is about the size of a lime and is certainly more "human" in appearance. The facial bones are completely formed,  he or she has an obvious jaw line and most of the facial features are well defined. The ears are now sea shell shaped and hair follicles are sprouting head to toe. Nipples are visible on the chest. Fingernails and toenails are developing. The skin is beginning to thicken and the diminutive digits are no longer webbed. Behind the formed lips, baby is trying out his/ her new tongue and palate: swallowing, yawning, chewing. Her/ his heart is beating at a rate of 120-160 beats per minute. And though I can't feel it yet, there is plenty of nimble action going on in my uterus; baby is practicing somersaults, stretches and spins. I can't wait to be able to feel the baby move and kick!... Mommy update: I'm doing pretty well. The nausea has decreased quite a bit. It's still frequent but not as strong. Usually eating helps but sometimes it doesn't. I hear that it's normal for symptoms to settle down about this time in the pregnancy. The medication for my headaches has been working a little better. I haven't had a migraine today at all. And I just learned (from the "What to Expect" app) that I'm supposed to be drinking between 12-13  eight ounce glasses of water per day! I haven't been any where near that! That's like a full time job! I'm going to attempt at least 10 eight ounce glasses of water per day. I have a small body anyway, so maybe ten is just right for me. Any more than that- I'm in the bathroom every half hour! I generally don't love eating or drinking when it's not on my terms. And the fact that I can't use the oven or stove makes it even harder. I was forced to buy a bunch of frozen TV dinner meals yesterday grocery shopping because we are simply running out of options. I do not like that at all. I love cooking. I have an OB appointment tomorrow. I hope he'll do an ultrasound or at least listen to the heartbeat. My belly is still growing, which is a good sign. My breasts are no longer sore, though, which I should be grateful for, but it still is a little concerning... It's gotten significantly cooler outside, sometimes down in the 40's. My sciatica is mostly fine, now. No flare ups unless it's late at night and I haven't taken my migraine med yet...  I don't think I can emotionally handle the smells in this apartment any longer. Sometimes they go away when I leave the window open for a while, but they always come back. It's disgusting. I never get used to it. It's always stunning and repulsive. The other day when I came in from my walk, it was the worst smell it's ever been. I expressed my horror to John and he thought that I was blaming it on him (I totally wasn't!), so I explained that I of course wasn't. John does the dishes and cleans all the time. There's no way I would blame that on him! It's the apartment itself, not what's in it. And the bathroom might be worse. I'm so glad to have the support of John during my pregnancy. I don't know how single women do it! He's been so understanding, helpful, and patient. It's so great. So glad we have each other. We definitely are not perfect, but we are good enough; we're going to be awesome parents! 9/27/17

No comments:

Post a Comment