Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

12 Weeks 1 Day Along

12 Weeks 1 Day Along

Today was pretty scary. At about 3pm (while John was at work) I started bleeding profusely. I had only mild cramping and no tissue was passing, which, in my mind were all good signs. I called John because I was so nervous about it. I got him freaking out a little bit but he told me that he thought it was going to be okay. I called my OB's office and they fit me in at the end of their day  (I'm soooo glad I didn't have to go to the ER or wait for the next day). So I quickly drove over to where the OB office is. I did a urine sample, got my blood pressure checked (it was 115 over something. Which is a good sign. It's improved) and then saw the doc. He was so nice. He immediately did an ultrasound and as soon as he placed the device over my uterus, there he/she was. With a PERFECT heart beat. 160 beats per minute, as usual. He/she was measuring at 12 Weeks 3 days (ahead of schedule, as usual). I was already crying but at this point I was REALLY crying. Tears of relief and happiness, though. And to add to the excitement, I noticed our baby had grown significantly since our last ultrasound, which was only about a week earlier. He/ she was absolutely BEAUTIFUL, and moving around like crazy. I think we've got a hyperactive little one on our hands! Ha! It was good that he/she was moving around a lot though; it put my mind at ease and I got to see so much of his/her body that I haven't seen before! He/she was in much more of a human-like shape. All of the parts- head, face, torso, bum, legs, were very obvious to me. And when his/ her back was facing forward, I could see the individual vertebrae of his/ her spine. SO AMAZING! Dr.said the baby looked beautiful and healthy and that the heart rate was perfect. We have a perfect baby. I was so relieved. However, he noticed that the placenta was close to my cervix. Apparently that's somewhat normal at the beginning of pregnancy, and as the uterus grows, the placenta should move up, further away from the cervix. I asked him if the blood was hurting the baby. He said "no."Once the appointment was over, I called John (which freaked him out cause he thought I was going to text him if it was good news). I started the call out with "Everything is fine." And then told him the details. He was so very much relieved.  I came home and rested per the doc. Now I worry about getting up and doing anything at all!   John got us dinner and came home and we chatted about the day. He was so relieved. But I was still kind of upset that we had to go through that again! oh The drama of pregnancy. Overall, though, I'm so grateful. That our baby is safe and growing. That's the most important thing. There's always going to be worry when you have children. That's a big part of love.... That evening when I was telling John about the ultrasound that he wish he could have seen, I showed (via demonstration) how active the baby was. He said what I was thinking: "uh oh," kind of jokingly. And then he laughed at me and said it was cute of the baby to be so active. It was really cute. What a day it has been! 10-5-17

No comments:

Post a Comment