I ACTUALLY went on Facebook today. I haven't done it for a while. Sarah posted a drawing that Savannah made. It was a picture of their family and a baby in Mommy's tummy. So so cute. So I guess that word is out! Sarah is pregnant! And she doesn't know it yet but she is just 18 days ahead of me. Her due date is March 31st. If our babies are actually born on our due dates, I think that will be the closest any two of the cousins have ever been to each other, in regard to birth dates. How exciting! Such an exciting time! Spring will be such a beautiful time to bring children into the world! 9/28/17
11 Weeks 2 Days Along
Wow!! Yesterday was AMAZING! We had our 2nd OB appointment with Dr. Johnson (whom John and I absolutely LOVE)! I got a flu shot from the MA (very important) and then my blood pressure checked. It was 129/93, which is quite high for me. The nurse said they get concerned when the diastolic value is higher than 90. So they want me to check it when I can (like at the grocery store), but that they really don't worry about it until the 3rd trimester... The very first thing I told the doc when he walked in the room was that I was concerned for the baby because my symptoms had decreased significantly (nausea/vomiting/breast soreness). FYI, being pregnant, I get worried and anxious at the slightest changes in my body; if you know me, you know that. He said that was normal at this stage in pregnancy and then-"Well, let's take you into the other room and do an ultrasound to have a look!" He's so great with making sure his patients' emotional needs are met. So we did the ultrasound and immediately- the baby popped up on the screen! What an incredible, beautiful child this is! With each ultrasound she/he is looking more and more like a baby. However, this time he/she looked like a baby significantly. We are sooooo in love with him/ her. He/she was moving and kicking and waving his/ her arms aka buds! It was beyond belief! So of course I started to cry, like I usually do during the ultrasounds. John really enjoyed the movement we got to see this time (no crying from him, though). This is the first time we've ever seen actual movement out of the baby. I wish I could feel him/ her move inside of me, but it's not time yet. But it will happen soon! What an incredible moment that was in the doctor's office that day... The baby is measuring 3 days ahead of schedule. Doc said that is a good sign; with impending miscarriages, babies tend to lag behind in growth rate. His/ her heartrate is at the top range; I think that means we have an over- achiever on our hands (maybe a competitive kid like his/ her daddy)... One recurring theme that comes to my mind with every ultrasound is- the reality of the independence of this child; I'm not really doing anything, and this child continues to grow and progress each day. I'm not physically molding or shaping him/ her with my hands. I'm not really the one making him/ her. God and he/ she are doing that. I'm just acting as a host or vessel... shelter, if you will. I frequently see quotes on Pinterest that say something to the effect of "I am a woman. My super power is making human beings." I don't feel that though. Of course this baby is ours and that parent/child bond is very important. But I don't really feel a strong feeling of "ownership" or that I'm doing anything so great that he/ she "owes" me one day. This whole process and experience is all about him/ her. It was his/ her choice to come to earth, his/ her body and journey he/ she will experience; his or her life. I always want to respect that. Obviously, he/ she will be very dependent on me and her/ his dad for the first years of life and that is a very important, beautiful thing, but again- I don't feel like we are "meshed" in any way (for lack of a better term). John and I are here to help bring him/ her into this world and then assist him/ her throughout her/ his life in any way she/ he needs. That's the way it should be and that's the feeling I get, every time I see him/ her. She/ he does not exist to provide me and John with love; John and I exist to provide her/ him with love. I want to make sure our child/ children understand that, it's so important. Like John frequently says, very lovingly, to me: "It's your world, I'm just living in it!"... The drive home was so fun. I shared my baby name ideas with him (my slimmed down list. Very slimmed down). And we also read lists of the 100 most popular baby names for 2016/ 2017. Sadly, the names Kane, Abel, and Harry were on this list (sad for the children actually given those names). I think we've gotten this name thing narrowed down quite a bit (compared to my original list. Yes, it was very long)! I had lots of unique names on the original list, but John was NOT a fan of them. That was very apparent. The name conversation is one of the most fun, for me...As for Mommy to be- I was pretty nauseated yesterday evening and this morning, but the Diclegis is helping, I think. And the cereal I had this morning helped. I'm able to eat more than just soup and crackers now! I'm eating apples, mangoes, kiwi, pistachios, peanut butter and jelly/ honey sandwiches, peaches, peanuts, cereal with milk, tortilla chips, etc.! I really enjoy eating healthy foods knowing that it's benefiting someone else other than me- my child! And also- when I eat healthy, John usually eats healthy... Side note: on our way down the elevator after our appointment there was a very pregnant woman in there with us. She looked at me and said "Your pregnancy is going to go by so fast." She went on to say that one minute she got a positive pregnancy test and the next she's 36 weeks pregnant and dilating. I hope she's right! Despite the first couple of months of my pregnancy being horrendous (with my migraines, nausea, vomiting), looking back, it does feel like it's gone by pretty fast... Another side note- I was right about the fluid intake thing. The doctor said I only need about 10 eight ounce glasses per day. Which, still, is a lot for me. But I'm going to do it! Even if I have to pee every hour!... Another side note: our next appointment is ON my birthday. The doctor will, most likely, be able to tell us the gender of the baby! Not looking forward to being one year older, but really looking forward to that appointment! Then we can start buying baby clothes!!... At yesterday's appointment I also talked to Dr. Johnson about my anxiety regarding taking the migraine medication while pregnant. He reassured me that it's completely healthy for the baby and that I'm on such a low dose, anyway. He's studied the research and so has the pregnancy risk doctors. I'm feeling much better about taking it... My belly gets bigger and bigger with each day, it seems. I've actually been having to wear loose shirts in order to cover it up! I had no idea that some women start "showing" before the 2nd trimester! I like it though. My baby can grow as big and as strong as she/ he wants! In reality, there's probably just a lot of fluid in my uterus.... Yesterday I noticed a lot of tiny veins becoming visible in my thighs. I read about this; another sign of the transformation my body is making for this little one. I love it! 9/29/17
The most beautiful picture I've seen, thus far, in my life. The eyes are visible, as well as the nose. You can see a short leg and a short arm. We could see the heart beating and it was still high at 160 beats per minute. There's a little splotch in the lower abdomen, but that's just from the printer. That wasn't there on the screen during the actual ultrasound... I feel very spoiled. I feel like God is giving us an over- flow of blessings with the coming of this little one. I get better and better news each time we go in for an appointment- that he or she is healthy and growing.
Here is the version that I edited. Looks better.


No comments:
Post a Comment