Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Mexico Earthquake

Mexico Earthquake

John and I learned there was a 7.1 earthquake in Mexico today. It was horrendous watching the videos of the seemingly frail buildings sway side to side, only to collapse. Hundreds of people have died already. It is encouraging, however, to see videos of the heroes. One video showed several men pulling a blonde haired dog from the rubble. The dog was a good size, but humbly let the men save him. He didn't try to jump out of their arms and run. I was surprised how calm he was... As John and I watched the videos he reminded me of the earthquake he was in, in California in the year 1989. He was at soccer practice (or a game) and the kids running down the field, were forced to sway side to side as they ran. He showed me videos of some of the damage; the Bay Bridge broke in half and many roads broke. It was a 6.9. I remember being in a couple of earthquakes as a child of 8 (I think that was '92) when we lived in Woodland Hills, California for a summer. Not major ones, as far as I knew. 9/19/17

No comments:

Post a Comment