John had 4 hours of class on the evening of my actual birthday so we celebrated tonight instead. We went to Bombay House for dinner, of course (one of our favorites). We got the mango ice cream for dessert. John ate half of his and then gave the rest of his to me. That's saying a lot cause he LOVES that stuff. Honestly, it's probably the best ice cream I've ever had. After dinner we went home and relaxed. John got me a book I've been wanting by Scott Adams and another mystery one will arrive next month. 10-24-17
15 Weeks Along
Wow! 15 Weeks along! The baby is the size of a large navel orange now! At 15 weeks pregnant my baby is quickly growing bigger each week- he/she is as long as 4 .5 inches now. Amazingly he/she will double in size over the next few weeks. The placenta still acts as the baby's kidney, controlling the fluid balance in his/her tiny body and shuttling the waste products out into my system. The fetuses urinary system is efficient enough to produce tiny amounts of pee- not more than a teaspoon of fluid. His/her teeny tiny bladder fills and empties every 30 minutes. The swelling between my baby's legs is developing into either recognizable boy parts or girl parts. If it's a girl her ovaries are fully formed and are making their trek from the abdomen into the pelvis. Hundreds of thousands of eggs are developing within those ovaries. If it's a boy his testes are fully formed, as well. Overall, my little one is starting to look more and more human-like. Eyebrows are starting to develop. The ears are now positioned properly on the sides of the head (they used to be in the neck) and the eyes are moving from the side of the head to the front of the face. Most of the day, baby is working on breathing, sucking, and swallowing so that when he/she leaves my comfy womb he/she will have the necessary skills to survive. My fetus is also kicking, curling toes and moving those little arms and legs. He/she only weighs 2 to 3 ounces. As for me- I'm feeling pretty nauseated almost all the time now. Almost out of Diclegis but I'm going to start taking Unisom and Vitamin B6 since those two are the active ingredients in Diclegis. And those two are much cheaper. At my doctor's appointment on Monday, I was weighed and I've gained about 6 pounds in the past 2.5 weeks. I'm ultimately supposed to gain 25 to 30 pounds so I guess the weight gain is a good thing. But that seems kind of fast! The baby is growing fast now. I was telling John last night that I can't believe a human being with a skull and skeletal system is living inside me. It's quite unbelievable but really cool at the same time. I'm having some pain with my sciatica again. And the medication I'm prescribed for my headaches isn't working as well as my old kind. Britney texted me today about the cell free blood test that can tell you your baby's sex with 99% accuracy. I think maybe we will look into that if this next ultrasound appointment in two weeks doesn't provide us with the gender. 10-25-17
No comments:
Post a Comment