17 Weeks Along
Our baby is the size of an adult open palm. He is putting on some body fat. He will accumulate fat until it makes up about 1/3 of his weight. This is the first week that marks the occurrence that the baby is bigger than the placenta that's nourishing him. His brain is now regulating his heartrate to be a regular 140 to 150 beats per minute. His heart rate is now steady. He is now making movement of the rise and fall of his chest, in order to practice for his big debut when he will breathe actual air. He's also sucking and swallowing a good part of the day... Now that we know the gender of our baby, this pregnancy is becoming more real to me! Not that it wasn't real before; I just feel like I have a better idea of who he is. John is VERY excited to be having a boy first. Our son is going to have a very fun life with John as his dad. And now we really need to get John's knee fixed so that he can play sports with him! This is probably the happiest we've both ever been. And I still can't get over how miraculous this little life is. Each ultrasound reveals more and more intricate details of his body, like his vertebrae. And this is all because of him and God. All I do is exist and shelter him, meanwhile he's getting all the parts of his body that he'll need. It's incredible. I've always worked really hard to get things I want and need. But this time- it isn't me doing it. I'm not the one creating him. It's incredible. Each ultrasound reveals to me the life that God breathes into him along the way. We're so glad this little one is a part of the plan that God has for me and John. We can't wait to meet him!! 11-8-17
No comments:
Post a Comment