Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Charity's Play, 18 Weeks 4 Days Along, Dilbert

Charity's Play

Charity was in her high school's play at Davis High (even as just a sophomore!) called Once on This Island. It's a Broadway musical, but John and I had never heard of it before. Apparently she and the cast had been practicing for months! She did a great job. It was fun to watch the play and see all the fantastic performers and singers, but it was mostly fun because we got to see Charity up there. We love Charity. She did a great job! We got to talk to her afterwards and take her home. She is such a sweet, fun girl. She's WAY excited to meet our baby, which John and I, of course, love. 11/17/17

18 Weeks 4 Days

I've been getting nauseated in the afternoons and evenings, which hasn't been fun. At least it's not all the time, though, like it was the first trimester.  I've had some pretty miserable migraines yesterday and the day before. It gets to the point where I can't do anything, it hurts so bad. I've also been having what I'm guessing is round ligament pain and some lower back pain. Hemorrhoids, of course (I heard that's part of the package deal with pregnancy). It seems like my belly has been growing at a faster pace these past couple of weeks. I read that would happen at about this time in my pregnancy. I also haven't felt the baby move as much lately. We've been singing to the baby at nights, since he can now hear us: Horace the Horse and Skidda-marink-a-doo. Hopefully he'll recognize them when he's out of the womb cause we both really like those songs. John says he REALLY likes the story of  Horace the Horse. During the day I play songs for the baby. Right now our favorite is Gethsemane sung by this sweet little girl on YouTube, Claire Ryann....  We have our big ultrasound tomorrow, and I'm feeling excited and nervous at the same time!  John and I just love him so much already. I pretty much think about him all the time. I'm so happy to have John! He brings the positive vibes and helps me be confident about the health of the baby. I really love that he works 3 twelve hour shifts per week. I get 4 days a week of him to myself! Except when he has school stuff, of course.  11/19/17

Dilbert

I've been so worried about John and his quality of sleep. Usually 2 or 3 times per night (even when we have the humidifier going, he's wearing his nasal strips and taken his Flonase) John will "wake up" gasping for air. I don't think he's fully conscious when it happens because when I ask him the next morning if he remembers doing it, he says "no." What a horrible feeling that must be, even though he's not conscious, to feel like you can't breathe! When I'm sick and really congested at night, I'll wake up, not being able to breath cause I've closed my mouth; it's a terrible feeling! And he snores every night now. The humidifier, nasal strips and Flonase used to prevent all that, but it doesn't seem to be working anymore (I'd say most nights, now). I've been telling him that I think he should get a sleep study done, but of course that's the LAST thing he wants to do. I totally understand that because it seems like this past year, for the both of us, has been occurrence after occurrence of medical issues, doctor's appointments, dentist appointments, tests, surgeries, ER visits, hospital stays, etc. But he is NOT getting quality sleep.  He's got work full time and school MORE than full time. He's got to get quality sleep. And it just breaks my heart to hear him struggle with breathing at night. I haven't been wearing my ear plugs lately, cause I want to hear when he's struggling. He wants me to get a recording of the gasping for air thing that he does, but it usually happens so fast, I don't have time to grab my phone!... It was VERY funny the other night, though- I woke up to John saying "Dilbert. Dilbert" in his sleep. He definitely was not awake. I was like "Dilbert? What the heck?" So the next morning I told him what he had said in his sleep and asked him what he had been dreaming about. He said that he had no idea (John never remembers his dreams). He said "Dilbert? Like Scott Adams?" Scott Adams is the author of the Dilbert comic strip but he's also on Twitter (I follow him and watch his podcasts). John also just bought me one of his books for my birthday that I'd been wanting. But there's no reason for him to be dreaming about one of Scott Adams' characters! John has no interest in him or his work. It was the weirdest thing! So funny! When he said it- "Dilbert. Dilbert" it sounded really creepy. It scared me! John talking at all  in his sleep scares me cause he just doesn't usually do it. John has said he has heard me say some things in my sleep, though. I can't remember them off of the top of my head.11/19/17

No comments:

Post a Comment