Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Heidi's Birthday, Passports

October  20, 2015 John had to work on my birthday, unfortunately. However, he did plan a party at the Maynes' the Tuesday before.

On our way we stopped off at Costco and got the pizzas that John had ordered. They were so good!

Right when we walked in I immediately noticed the cake that Christa made for me. I was super excited to see it but then also realized that John must have told them how obsessed I am with this upcoming election and what a big Trump fan I am.


And it also had oreos in it. Love oreos!


This is the picture that John had me tweet to Trump. Under it he put "Donald, you have to win! It's my birthday wish!" We impatiently awaited a response or re-tweet but it never happened, unfortunately.


The cake was perfect. Christa must have spent hours on it!


Maynes' kids. Look at Noah's cute glasses.
 
I got some beautiful quotes from Kelly, a restaurant gift certificate from the Maynes and a frame with money from Mom and Simon. So thoughtful! John got me an electric toothbrush (well it happened to have two, so he got one too!)
 
First time I've ever had an electric tooth brush and I've loved it! Each time I brush I feel like I've just gotten back from the dentist. I feel like it really does clean better than the traditional tooth brush. 
 
 
October 22, 2015
 
After work John took me to Bombay House for dinner (one of our favorites). 
 
He let me open up the gifts that had arrived that night. One was a green yoga mat that I've been wanting for a while, and then an Annie Sloan book. It was so great, I felt so special! Then John had to to go to bed early to get up for work. The next morning was his first day working his shifts without the trainer. He was pretty nervous so we had some wife pep talks.
 
I had my actual birthday off so I just kind of relaxed. When I woke up and walked into the bathroom I saw a card sitting by my sink. I loved it. It was just what I needed and all I REALLY wanted for my birthday. He has such a way with words.
 
Then later that afternoon I went to lunch at Tony Burgers with my mom. I did some Trump preaching on her. Not sure if I've convinced her yet.
 
 John and I went on a walk while he told me about his first big day. It went pretty well! I was so glad. Turns out the paper work is the biggest obstacle.
 
And that was it! Just realized it was my first birthday being married. It's much better, let me tell ya. I was kind of hoping I would be a mom for my 32nd birthday or at least a soon to be mom. Hopefully, soon.
 
October 26, 2015
 
John and I both had the day off, so we went to the city building to get our passports. Turns out we have to wait 4-6 weeks for them to get to us. Hope they come in time for our trip!
 
It was cool to see all the couples that were there to get their marriage licenses. Made me miss the excitement of our wedding.
 
Then when we got to the front of the line the lady helping us told us that a guy came in with his dog and asked to be married to his dog. We laughed so hard! John said "hey that's not a bad idea" Aaaah!
 
$240 for two passports! Geez! Don't we already pay plenty in taxes!
 
Then we helped ourselves to Happy Hour at Tsunami- 1/2 off sushi! Yummy! John really loves that place. I learned that John really likes pumpkin cheese cake. Didn't know that. You learn something new about your spouse everyday!

1 comment: