I found that Salt Lake Behavioral Health Center had a job opening last week and sent John the link. He submitted his resume, online Thursday. He got a call from them on Friday and made an appointment for an interview on Monday. He had the interview Monday and they contacted him Tuesday to offer him the job (even though he already could tell he got the job)! Yay! I am so proud of him! I'm excited that he gets to work for a company for which he's wanted to work for years. He'll get more hours, better insurance, and he'll work 3- twelve hour shifts per week (I think that is a plus, but I think John is more indifferent about that). John feels bad that he's leaving Ivy Lane, especially when they are short nurses and losing patients. That's just how it goes though! John isn't getting enough hours from them and they aren't paying him as much as this new company will and the insurance isn't very good. And we are worried that Ivy Lane may go out of business. They're losing a lot of patients. He's mostly worried, though, that Pepper is going to miss him too much !
We're excited for the change. It's really such a blessing. We have received a lot of blessings lately. Maybe it's God's way of telling us that he's glad we made the decision to get married.
This morning John had a review done by Jenn (not his idea). Very awkward cause he hasn't told them that he's leaving yet (they are way late on the review. They were supposed to do it back in June! Hopefully they still give him the retro pay) John said that as she left the review she said "We really love having you and your wife work for us. We would hate it if you left." Awkward! It's going to be a new thing to not work for the same company anymore. We've both worked for Ivy Lane since we first started dating. Hopefully he'll be able to get work off as needed. It's been pretty easy to get the time off that we want through Ivy Lane.
We've got the republican debate to watch tonight (yay!). Should be interesting since all of Trump's opponents have been threatening to attack him. (We started off anti-Trump and now, after doing the necessary research, we are definitely pro-Trump) And Drew Lynch competes tonight on America's Got Talent for the million dollars. Luckily we got channel 5 back! Can't believe Direct TV lost that for a while.
We are loving the Flip or Flop and House Hunting shows. And Fixer Upper. Basically anything on that channel 229. Looks like flipping houses would be pretty fun and profitable if you're good at it. On Flip or Flop, a house flipping couple made $90,000 on a house they flipped in just 6 weeks. How cool is that? I joked with John that we should do that....Kind of joking, kind of serious...
I finally did it! I bought a bread maker! I did lots of research and got a really good deal. Originally 120 I got it for 80! It got great reviews! And it's going to be a great investment! I can't believe how expesnsive store bought bread is now days! And there are so many preserving chemicals in it. I'm guessing a loaf of bread made in a bread maker will be like 20 cents. And it tastes so much better than store bought! Can't wait to get it! John is excited too. We are loving our Blendtec. It was way worth the money. We eat so many fruits and vegetables via smoothies that we would not otherwise.
No comments:
Post a Comment