Beautiful Molly. So peaceful.
Beautiful John. So peaceful.
This is our first visit after Christa and Molly came home from the hospital. We were so excited to hold her! And John is very confident in his baby holding skills so it was fun.
Jack holds Molly for the first time! Proud big brother!
This is my first painting project of Christa's furniture. It's Erika's bed. This is the before pic. I will show the "after" when I am done with it.
We went to the state fair with Britney and Gordon and Lux. It was very fun (but very busy, since it was a Friday night)! We happened to go the same night that the Maynes' did so we got to see them too.
This cow was HUGE! You can't tell from this picture. He was over 2,000 lbs. John was brave and pet him, but I was very hesitant.
Gordon and cute little Lux.
I think this was the smallest cow there.
John and I had a caricature drawing done (at my insistent request). I think we will have to make ourselves a collection of these! So fun!
While we were getting our faces drawn we saw Jef from Emily's season of the Bachelorette walk by. John and I have a history of seeing well known people in public places. A few years ago we saw Elizabeth Smart at Lagoon.
It was fun to see these animals and have access to them, but it was also difficult to see them tied up and confined to small, enclosed areas. Wish there was a more humane way to do it.
Gordon's cool camera on his phone took this pic. Pretty cool pic! You can see the grease from our greasy pizza's plate. Yes, we've gained a little weight over the summer...Well, I have.
It was so funny- the other day, after doing my business I faced the toilet and flushed it. I happened to take a good look at the decoration I have set up on the toilet. As you can see, the candles that I originally had sitting next to each other in this little decorative bird house were sitting on top of each other. I thought that this was very weird! I asked John about it and he said "Oh that's not the way you had it?" Apparently one of the candles had fallen down and we was kind enough to fix it. Only he couldn't remember how it was set up, so he did the best that he could. So cute!
September 20, 2015
John and I had our first Sunday teaching our primary class (actually technically it's not his calling, it's mine. But he likes helping me, and I'm very grateful!) We teach the 11 year old girls and only have about two girls left in the class, because the others have moved on to Young Women's. The lesson was about Christ's Mission. John made it so fun! He's so good with kids, he was very much in his element! He knows the scriptures and doctrine so well. One of the great comments he made was- out of all the people that could choose to be our advocate, he's so glad that Jesus Christ chose to be ours. He and I mesh well together because we like to really dig into the meaning of each verse. It's important to stop and define terms (especially the terms that we as adults hear every day that 11 year olds really don't quite understand). The girls are so smart! And so lovely. We are honored to be asked to teach them. Took them a while to get our last name down, but I think after a few weeks they will get it. Feels weird to be called Sister and Brother Kirschbaum.
Then I got set apart. It was a beautiful blessing given by the bishop. It was very comforting. Some parts of the blessing I really appreciated: that the children in my class will remember me and what they've been taught for years to come; also that John and I will continue to have a strong, meaningful relationship and marriage.
We finally got our bread maker and made some Sunday evening! It's so yummy and easy! We love it! Can't wait to make loaves for friends and family. Any requests?
Molly is so beautiful. :) I could never work as a caricature artist. That seems so hard! Looks cool though!
ReplyDelete