Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

New Job Stories

The shifts are a lot longer. They turn out to be 13 hour days because John said the on coming nurse comes late and then report is 45 minutes long! I can't believe that! My reports are 15 minutes at the most! So, he is exhausted when he gets home and then he only has a couple hours to relax before he has to go to bed and start another day over again.

The other evening he came home and told me some funny stories. He was on the geriatric floor and there was one lady who had a scream that could be bottled up and used at a haunted house! Blood curdling apparently. A couple of CNA's took her to the bathroom and she proceeded to scream "Help! They're raping me!" John said it was hilarious!

Then yesterday he worked on the military floor and he really liked that, although it is really sad to see the kind of mental condition these patients are in. It's so unfair that those who serve our country and risk everything have to deal with the negative effects of PTSD.

John said that he was introduced to an LPN there and low and behold it was Andrew from our nursing program! He said it was good to see him. I bet it's nice for John to have a familiar face there. One of the nurses there was also in one of his old single's wards. John was worried she had a crush on him, and for the time being John can't find his wedding ring. So he told me that out of no where he said "Did you guys see that therapy dog? He's so cute! My wife and I love dogs!" Just so she would know he's married. He said that it was totally obvious what he was doing, but he wanted to make it clear that he was taken! I thought that was cute and sweet.

John said the worse part about this job is all of the paper work! They haven't switched to electronic charting yet so he just writes and writes all shift long! That would be very difficult! Especially after having worked for a company for 3 years that had electronic charting. It's like he's going back in time!

The owners of Salt Lake Behavioral Health Center has agencies all over the country. So if we ever decided to move, he would have options with them outside of Utah. Which is good to know. Lots of perks to this job. He gets a bonus just for signing on.

I'm finally done with my crazy work week!  Tomorrow morning we are going up to Idaho to visit Lynda and Bob and of course, Dorothy. It will be fun to get away! I feel like I've been working way too much lately! I let my work know that I won't be available to work over time anymore. This nursing shortage has lasted longer than I thought it would.

John has been a gem and has been jogging with me. This morning we jogged down to the horses, fed them Mom's home grown apples, then around that circle down there and back up to the house. He hates jogging but he does it for me. Everything is more fun with John. We couldn't believe how warm it still felt! We got seriously hot! Definitely doesn't feel like October 9th, but I'm loving it. Hopefully it's another mild winter like last winter. I would be very grateful, especially since Leda's driveway is going to be horrendous to get up and down with our little cars. We will maybe have to get four wheel drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment