We went to Idaho to visit Bob and Lynda and Britney happened to be up there too, with some of the Brockbank and Birdsley kids, visiting Dorothy. So we all got together and went to Sizzler.
Beckham wouldn't eat his macaroni and cheese or my shrimp because they weren't the "fancy" kind. Apparently fancy macaroni are the elbow noodle shaped kind. And fancy shrimp are grilled, not fried. Ha!
Randomly Bentley stood up at dinner and said "Okay, who wants to switch socks." It was hilarious. I was laughing forever about it. So much, I think people were getting really bugged by it. Ha.
We took a little break from the BYU game and took a walk to a nearby park that John remembered frequently visiting as a child during their Idaho visits. Apparently this is a fountain. Water comes out of the top of some of these cylinders.
These were actually really high and my boots didn't have much traction. So this is us being daredevils. It was nice to take a football break and the weather was so good. Especially for Idaho in October. Notice I'm not wearing a jacket .Good news- BYU won!
October 11, 2015
We went to church with Bob and Lynda, which was nice. But John and I got bored during sacrament meeting because it was fast and testimony meeting and we didn't know any of the members bearing their testimonies and they were sharing lots of health histories and vacation itineraries so we looked at John's pictures in his phone and found a bunch of cool ones I forgot he took and that I should have blogged about months ago!
This is from a hike we took that's up behind the Huntsman Cancer Institute. No photoshop done here, people. Just nature doing its job. The bunny knew he blended in with the rocks because he held very still while he sat here. It's amazing how these animals blend in with their surroundings. God's way of keeping them out of harm's way.
This is from our stay with the Maynes' while Christa was in the hospital with Molly. This is the big "stick" I told you about that John and Buddy played fetch with in the water. It was actually a lot bigger in real life. If only you could see how big his eyes got carrying that humongous thing to land.
This is from Grandma Beverly's surprise party. Look how cute they are. She loves John so much. Glad I'm able to get all these pictures. John never took pictures before he married me! And look how cute his wedding ring is. It's currently lost :(
This is sweet little Percy at the time of her birth.
This is my favorite one of her. Look how peaceful she looks. I love seeing people sleep because they look so peaceful.
This is the large snake that we found out on Leda's driveway in June. It was so long. John was obsessed with it and wanted to touch it. He was out there looking at it for probably a half hour.
Darwin and Lucy. The Canada's cat and dog at the Sugar house house. We have lots of pics of the dogs but not of the cat. This cat is so pretty and big. I miss him!
This is one from the cruise. I think that was in Haiti, on our way to one of their beautiful beaches.
After church, Lynda told us she was kind of bugged that we were looking at his phone during church. Oops! We will be better next time...Hopefully. We left for home on Sunday night, so we were only able to stay a couple days, unfortunately. But Lynda made sure to send us home with lots clothes and a bunch of home décor, especially candles! She's so sweet. She also had found John's mission plaque and pictures from his mission and gave those to me. Yay!! And some pictures from John's childhood. Specifically from his puberty years...John was not happy about those ones. He tried to throw them away but I wouldn't let him.
October 12, 2015
It was Columbus day and John and I both happened to have the day off. So that morning I jogged a bit and then worked on painting the children's chair, which is my current project. John helped me decide which stencil to use on the seat. I love his input. He has such good ideas. And I love painting furniture! I'm having so much fun with it! My friend Rebecca Vogel just asked me to paint her bar stools, so I will be starting that one soon. Yay!
Then John and I decided to hike to Dog Lake (John's choice for obvious reasons). We didn't realize how long it was going to be! 6 miles! It got pretty cold towards the end too. John held both of my hands to keep them warm. He said he couldn't believe how cold my hands get. I said "Believe it." They really do get so cold. I have such horrible circulation. He goes "Isn't there a pill you can take for that?" Ha! Not that I know of....
It was such a beautiful day. There was a lot of hikers and bikers. And dogs! We got to meet and pet a bunch of dogs. I think that was John's reasoning for choosing "Dog Lake." We talked about how much fun it would be to be taking a dog on this hike. Our own dog!
John...Sent from heaven.
Check out his muscles.
Leaving the lake, we came within about 20 feet of this gigantic moose! We couldn't believe our eyes!
He didn't seem to care about all the humans around him.
He had a gigantic rack.
Dog Lake. Initially there were no dogs when we first arrive, but one came later.
John and I weren't prepared for the length of this hike. 6 miles total.
It was such a beautiful day
Cute bum, where ya from?
Afterwards we went to Taqueria for Tacos. John got the Brent Tacos (dont' know why they were called that), but they were really good.
On our way home from Idaho we stopped in Blackfoot to get some food. I went on a little walk and fell in love with this old café "Wagon Wheel Café." I don't think it's still in business but I got the coolest pics!
All in all, it was a great weekend! We had a lot of fun
I can't believe you saw such a beautiful moose so close up! Brent would love to get the opportunity to get a shot like that.
ReplyDelete