Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Work, Conference, Sick, Brockbank Dinner

Man, it's been a rough weekend for me. I got the flu (or something!) from a patient. So I cancelled my shift Friday (I had a fever), but then worked my 12 hour Saturday shift (even though I still had a fever), since the mom wanted me to still come and simply wear a mask.


October 3, 2015

John said he would have taken all or part of my shift on Saturday, but as of that day, he was no longer an employee of Ivy Lane. So he did the next best thing! This is honestly what got me through my day- At noon, he came over to my shift, after having back tracked quite a ways in order to pick up some Popeye's for lunch for us. He hung out with me and my patient, entertained us by playing with Pepper (the lab dog) and helped a bit with my patient. It was what I looked forward to all morning and it kind of broke up my day. And the family was fine with it since he was once their nurse.

 Then when I got home he had gotten Tsunami for us and gave me an awesome massage. Then of course he filled up the humidifier and cuddled with me like he always does. So glad I have him. He honestly made the day bearable.

John and I still can't believe that he's not with Ivy Lane anymore. He's officially with Salt Lake Behavioral Health Center. This week he works Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, for 12 hours each.

October 4, 2015

I didn't get to watch much of the LDS conference because I worked, so I will have to read up on it later. John did show me President Monson's (prophet of our church) talk when I got home and we noticed that throughout his talk, his energy diminished significantly. It looked as if he was going to faint or fall down. So sad. He usually seems so upbeat and energetic. Hope he's doing okay. I guess he is getting pretty old.

 I worked just a 6 hour shift, came home and napped, thanks to my hubby, and then we went to the Brockbanks' for dinner. We got to meet Lindsey Ogden's fiancĂ© and Abby's new boyfriend. John got his energy for the week from all the laughs he got from the kids. It was fun to watch Betsy (the labradoodle) attack Ryder. (Not really attack, but bark and jump up on him) She thinks she is a scary guard dog. She's way cute.

Then we went home, caught up on some Fixer Upper episodes via Netflix, did some laundry and then went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment