The twins showed us some of their Jiu Jitsu moves. We also had arm wrestles and while I was arm wrestling Beckham a random little girl walked over and sat on his back (I think it’s because she’s used to wrestling with her brothers). He immediately said “Get off me!” It was so funny!
It was fun to catch up with Brittany. It had been a while, and we just love her.
Then we decided to get together that evening as well. We went over to the Birdsley’s new house and admired all of the many renovations. The boys played basketball outside in the backyard (I love how they've got the basketball court and hoop in their backyard. First things first!)
Then we went bowling! It was fun, and of course I lost. The twins were dead set on beating me. I got some cute pics. I think John won overall both times!
Beckham or Bentley, John
Hunter, John
Hunter, John, Ryder
Beckham or Bentley
Brittany, Beckham or Bentley, Ryder, Ashton
Beckham, Bentley, Brittany
John
Ryder, John
Then we went to Slices Pizzeria in Holladay. So very good! And the twins and Ryder even did a little dance number for us.
Sunday morning we went to Molly’s baby blessing. She looked so beautiful. She is such a sweet little thing. I was glad John was able to be there to stand in the circle (Christa told us that he was the only one on her side of the family that was in the circle!) So glad he represented!
Last night was so fun for me and John. On my way home from work I texted him that I had pizza and that I was excited to hear about his first day of his new job!
I was so glad to hear that he liked it! He had several things that he liked about it, and some things that he was a little unsure of. After he showed me (with great awe) the sticky note of the handwriting of a guy he works with who has the exact same hand writing that he does (he had me put it up on the fridge, fyi), he told me how the CEO warned them that working as a nurse in the mental health field can take its toll on a person. When John was asked what he likes to do for fun, he responded “Watch football.” And so the CEO told him “okay, watch more!” I know John is a strong person and that he did well in that field
Apparently the CNA’s have to do patient checks every 15 minutes! Couldn’t believe that. I am worried, however, about him working with crazy people. Who knows what they would do to them if he made them really mad. So, I am worried about his safety. Kind of like the wife of a cop would feel. Especially now!
John told me about some of the other trainees that day. One of them was doing his clinical rotations for his Mental Health NP degree. He’s a student of Eastern Kentucky University. It’s a school that allows you to complete all the requirements in the state of your choosing, as all the coursework is completed online.
We went on a jog with me down to the horses (everything is more fun with John). He was way faster than me.
No comments:
Post a Comment