Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Vegas, Toothbrush, Appointment, Bike, Warriors

Vegas

John is flew out to Vegas with his buddies for Dave’s bachelor party. It will be fun for him! This evening I went to a ward picnic with Shane and Leda. Wasn't much of a picnic since it rained and therefore was indoors. I so wish John could have come with me, but it was really good to get to know more people in the ward. I had some fun conversations.  5-20-16

There was a major thunder and lightning storm this evening! It was beautiful. John and I went out on our little porch and watched it. The thunder episodes came one right after the other, so for like ten minutes it sounded like one long thunder sound. And lightning was everywhere. I really enjoy those. It feels like God reminding me that He's in charge. 5-19-16
The Toothbrush; AKA: The Exciting Adventures in the Day to Day Lives of John and Heidi

 Let me preface this story reminding everyone of John's obsession with using MY toothbrush. Every time we go out of town, he purposely "forgets" to bring one so that he HAS to use mine. It's almost like, an emotional thing for him. Anyway, this is unfortunate for me, because, in my mind, using someone else's toothbrush is the equivalence of sharing toilet paper (if you know what I mean). He claims tooth brush sharing is acceptable simply because we are married. I beg to differ.

Saturday night, while John was on his trip, I was getting ready for bed and noticed that the toothbrush I scrub my retainer with to clean it was missing. So I texted John "Ummm, I think you are using the toothbrush I clean my retainer with." His response: "Noooooooo!"  Ha!

Last time this happened it was the tooth brush I used to peroxide my toenails with... 5-21-16

John's Vegas Trip

John finally came home from his Vegas trip. He was way tan (somewhat sunburned). He had a great time, despite Jimmy's incessant snoring. I couldn't sympathize with him, entirely; I'm blessed John's snoring is mostly helped with nasal strips and a nasal spray. Our humidifier helps, too.

Needless to say, he was super tired cause he didn't sleep very much due to the snoring. They had fun at the pool and watching basketball games. I'm glad to have him back!  And then later that night the Warrior's lost their game. John was so sad. 5-22-16

NP Appointment

I had the day off work and an appointment with my NP. She is going to get me set up for an MRI to see if I do, in fact, have herniated discs. 5-24-16

Fixing John's Bike

When Brianne and Ryan moved out and we moved in, they gave us Roger's bicycle. John was happy to have it. Partly because it was Roger's and partly because he needed a bike. It's been sitting around ever since, so we took it to Hyland Cyclery to get it tuned up. Should be done Friday. Can't wait to take our bikes on some trails! We live in such a gorgeous area! 5-24-16

The Present

I showed John a super cute short film called "The Present." It's about a disabled boy who gets a 3 legged puppy as a gift. Check it out on YouTube. I LOVE dogs with less than 4 legs. John is one of the few people who know this about me. We so wish we could own a dog! One day... 5-24-16

Warriors

John and I watched the game. He wasn't hopeful for a win, because Steph Curry is injured and hasn't been playing very well. Steph missed several games and has been playing poorly lately, due to his injury. Usually I'm good luck, but this time it didn't work. They lost. We were so upset, especially John. 5-24-16

No comments:

Post a Comment