Cody's Conversion
I went to the ward picnic, sadly without John since he had already left for Vegas. The food was great and I got to sit down and have a conversation with Cody, the newest member of our ward. She is in her 30's. She had lived in Utah her whole life and had read every anti-LDS book out there. Then a guy she worked with started having conversations with her about religion. He took it slow and introduced topics slowly. Long story short, she prayed about it and eventually decided to be baptized. She is such a sweet woman. I learned a lot from her. We talked about the importance of grace and other churches she had researched, like traditional Christian and Catholic churches. Apparently none of them believed in the premortal existence and that we are all brothers and sisters. That was something that attracted her to the LDS religion. She said that all of the knowledge she gained from the missionaries was knowledge she felt she had always had, but just didn't know she had; like she was remembering it from her subconscious. She mentioned it's important to not force our beliefs on others. Waiting, Patience and love should be the underlying principles when introducing the gospel. I agree, whole heartedly. It was so neat to talk to her. Such a learning experience for me. I've learned so much about love this past 5 years or so. It's the most incredible feeling we can have and give. It's a strong force that can do a lot of good for ourselves and others if we allow ourselves to love and be loved. 5-20-16
Tennis
I found these new tennis courts at a park on 4500 South. There's like 6 tennis courts hidden away! So John and I took the opportunity (until the Warriors game started, of course) to practice. We hadn't played in so long! Maybe over a year! It felt good and it was good exercise. We didn't play a game. We just messed around. I love how John cheers me on with his cheesy "Wow!" whenever I hit the ball hard or he doesn't get to the ball in time. So nice. 5-26-16
Bike Ride
John's bike was fixed completely last Friday so we decided to take a bike ride on the Jordan River Parkway trail. It's such a beautiful time of the year. We saw so many mama ducks with their ducklings.. After 1.5 hours of riding we had enough. Our butts were incredibly sore! Especially mine. I think I have more fat padding than John, but he definitely has more butt muscle. And muscle is definitely more protective than fat. Which is proof that in a life threatening situation John would HAVE to protect me, versus the other way around. Right? Ha! 5-30-16
Warriors
Last night was very intense. Warriors beat Oklahoma City in the final game of a series that now puts them into the Finals! Warriors had to win all of the past three games in which they played OKC. John was devastated because he said it wasn't possible. I, of course, told him to have a little faith in his team. Low and behold they won all three! I don't want to brag, but John says that my positive attitude about the Warriors is good luck. So I have to watch all the important games, WHILE wearing my Warriors shirt.
Last night, they were losing to OKC for the first 2 quarters (it usually takes a couple quarters for Warriors to warm up, I've noticed). But they were only losing by, at most, 10 points. Then quarters 3 and 4 they were ahead, basically the whole time. They won 96 to 88. You should have seen John's excitement! He did his break dancing routine up in front of the TV . 5-30-16
Kabuki Syndrome
On Sunday, the Bretts gave talks. It was good to hear their full story again. They have a daughter with Kabuki Syndrome and John and I were assigned to be their combined visiting teacher/home teacher because the bishop knew that John and I were pediatric nurses. She is such a sweet girl and it's been hard to get over to there lately, but hopefully we can make it happen soon.
Wedge Pillow
About two weeks ago, my back pain and muscle spasms began decreasing by about 70%. I couldn't figure out why. I think it's my wedge pillow. I started using it every night about two weeks ago. I am so glad! The pain has decreased dramatically! And I'm getting a lot less headaches. I still get some tightness and pain up in my neck and shoulders if I don't exercise regularly, but hey- This is such an improvement! It seriously feels like a miracle. I hope it stays this way. I don't think I really allowed myself to admit just how much pain I've been in this last year or two. Now that a lot of the pain is gone, I'm realizing just how much pain I was in. And I almost never took anything for it. 5-31-16
No comments:
Post a Comment