Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Abbie's Wedding, Birthday Lunch, Reception, Baptism, Lynda & Bob

Abbie's Wedding

Lynda and Bob came into town for Abbie’s wedding. It was a beautiful sealing. At one point, Brianne reminded Dorothy to talk quietly (Dorothy has lost a lot of hearing so she doesn’t know when she is talking too loudly). Dorothy replied with “I have to talk loud, your dad is here.” She was referring to Roger who died a few years ago from cancer. He was one of John’s favorite people ever. He loved him and misses him so much.  Abbie looked so happy. We’re so happy for her and Spencer. 6-4-16
 
Cosette Birthday Lunch
Abbie’s wedding day was also Cosette’s birthday, so we celebrated in between events at Chick-fil-a. It was so great to get to know Cosette, Roman, and Beau. John had to introduce himself to them because last time he saw them they were too little to remember him. John told Beau “I’m John.” Beau’s response: “John the Baptist?”  I also got to know Brock and he and John caught up on old times. They were roommates back when John went to BYU and Brock went to UVSC.  I was having a rough day that day and contemplated not going so I could rest in between events. Luckily John talked me into going cause we had a ton of fun. We wanted to take every opportunity to hang out with every one, since Ryan and his kids came from California and Brock came from Texas. Abbie has lots of people who were there, who love her and support her. 6-4-16


Reception
 




















The reception was held in their back yard. The décor and food were so incredibe. The band was so talented. John even danced with me and sang into the microphone. John introduced me to a past employer of his and some friends he knew from years ago. And I got to know Brock some more and he learned more about us and how we met. Mit Romney was there, so we saw him but didn't meet him or anything. I have to say that seeing Ryan's kids dance and be carefree on the dance floor was so memorable for me. Ever since John and I married, I've seen so many pictures on Facebook posted of them in the hospital, supporting and comforting their brother. Tonight they looked at ease, probably super happy that T would be coming home soon.  The whole day was so fun . I was loving it, but John was REALLY REALLY loving it. 6-4-16


Twin’s Baptism
We went to an incredibly yummy dinner that Brianne and Ryan put on in their beautiful new home.   Then we hopped in the car for the baptism at the stake center. Brianne shared her testimony . She talked about how the twins are the peacemakers in their home and that since they are twins they will be forever friends. Afterwards, we went back to the their place and watched the Warrior’s game. They won!. 6-5-16


Time with Lynda & Bob
We all  went to Spice Bistro for lunch. The food was really good and reminded us of Bombay House. We are huge believers in Indian food.  And the Indian people, of course. My favorite was the butter chicken. Then we went to City Creek, shopped a little and got milkshakes. 6-6-16

 
The next day, John and I did lunch with Mom and Lynda at Sweet Tomato. It was the first real get together we've had. We never really had that opportunity at the time of the wedding cause everything went so fast. Luckily, our moms really like each other. That evening Lynda, John and I went to John’s softball game. I told Lynda and my mom that John is a mama’s boy. Lynda agreed and proceeded to tell us a story of when John was 4 years old: At the time she had to go on a business trip for a few days. When she got home Jim told her that John was so completely distraught the whole time, missing her so badly. Cute.  6-7-16
Warriors’ Game
It was game number 3 against Cavs in the finals. It was horrible! Warrior’s were behind, literally, the entire time and then lost by about 20 points. John said that was the worst he’s ever seen Curry play. He was really bad. And then Thompson got hurt and was out for part of the game. Cavs played really well. Such a bummer. It’s 2-1 now. We still have hope though! We HAVE to.  It was so fun watching Lynda and John get so emotionally involved in the game. One thing we love about her is that she always wants the very best for us. So glad we got to spend quality time with her. 6-8-16

No comments:

Post a Comment