Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Peppermint Mask, Filling Cabinet, Patients, Netflix

Peppermint Mask

Recently, I discovered I have a severe allergy to VOC's. They're most frequently found in the oil plug-in air fresheners.  I had to have my patient get rid of hers, because even after days of it being unplugged, I was still getting the intense headaches, sinus pressure, really spastic muscles, asthma flare ups, and an overall not good feeling all over my body.

 Even after days of airing it out, I was still feeling the symptoms so at work I resorted to wearing a medical mask. Helped somewhat but not enough. Then today, I brought some peppermint to see if sniffing it every once in a while helped. Eh, not so much.

So, I had the grand idea of dropping one drop of peppermint oil into the mask and then wearing that mask like that. It worked like a gem! I'm feeling pretty great! I'm thinking I will use this same techniques for my hay fever and cat/dog allergies.  I feel like I'm the greatest inventor of all time. Try it when/if you have allergies, it's awesome! 5-9-16

Finished Filing Cabinet

I finished painting/sealing the filing cabinet! Ain't she a beauty. So glad to have it done and ready to use.  5-9-16
 
 
Patients
 
I'm loving having only two patients now. The other week AB had the flu and John had some kind of cold or flu. Believe it or not, I did not get sick! Some kind of miracle! When I had 3 or 4 or sometimes 5 patients it seemed I was getting sick very frequently. My patients are very susceptible to infection and a number of them go to school and I go with them so I would get exposed to all kinds of germs. So, now I only have two patients and only one of them goes to school. I'm not getting sick as often as I used to and I'm loving it.
 
I'm also loving my AB patient. I've been with her over a year, but now that I'm with her more often, we've become closer. She has become so sweet and patient and obedient. She is letting food touch her tongue, as well as water (she has an oral aversion). She's learning new words like "Heidi" and "please" and she does the sign for please as well. She's learned how to take her ventilator on and off, turn it on and off, and open an HME and put it on.  She says "I no know" for "I don't know" and "La la la la" for "Cinderella." I love it when she says "wow" and looks at herself in the mirror when I  do her hair. So cute! 5-9-16
 
How I Met Your Mother
 
During down time at work I've been watching How I met Your Mother. The first season was lame but the second is pretty funny. Have you guys watched it? Does it get funnier?  Hard to find a Netflix show I like, even with all of the hundreds of options! 5-9-16

No comments:

Post a Comment