Dentist
John and I went to my dentist appointment we were looking oh so forward to. Don't get me wrong, I really do like the guy. When we got there he asked if there was a possibility I could be pregnant. Since John and I are trying I said "yes." So he suggested we fill the teeth that required him to be less invasive so that we didn't have to use any anesthesia. So that's what he did. There were three teeth that had recesses in the fillings. So he drilled out the old fillings (that weren't very deep, obviously) and filled them.
It was a little stressful to have him drill down a filling without an anesthetic. There were a few times I had to stop him from going much further because I could feel him reaching a nerve. John was very supportive. He held my hand through the really stressful parts, even though they were sweaty (I'm sure he could tell that I REALLY was anxious about the whole thing because my hands almost never sweat). He would take my hand, turn it palm down on my jeans and wipe the sweat off and then hold my hand. Ha!
The dentist knew I was nervous so throughout the procedure and so he voiced every thought that came into his head. Pretty entertaining. Nice of him to attempt to distract me. Let me tell you, this was nothing compared to the process of getting my wisdom teeth pulled. That took a total of about 3.5 hours, and I was awake for the whole thing. My dentist at the time struggled so badly to remove them, he had to use his knee against my shoulder as leverage. Not pleasant.
After two hours the appointment was over and we were on our way. We stopped at the pastry shop next door (how convenient that a pastry shop is right next door to a dentist office). I can't remember what it was called. Can't pass up a good pastry shop! Even if it is right after the dentist. Later that afternoon John went to an acupuncturist for his back. He pulled it the night before, at softball practice. 5-11-16
Back Pain
Speaking of back pain, I've been having it for years now. Mostly nerve pain and muscle spasms in my upper back, shoulders and neck. It's gotten so bad lately that I've been having to switch our mattress pad out every night, use a body pillow, and a wedge pillow. All these things help a bit, but overall the pain is still there. I feel best when I'm standing, walking, or exercising. But sitting and lying down make the pain worse. Makes it hard to sleep and work (I sit a lot for my job). Looking down at my computer screen for charting creates horrible pain too. And then I get tension headaches, as a result. Basically, If I'm not actively doing something (walking, running, cleaning) I'm usually hurting.
A friend of ours mentioned my symptoms were similar to that of his own herniated discs. He thinks that's what I have. And my mom has 3 herniated discs; they can be hereditary. So, I'm going to bite the bullet and make an appointment to get it diagnosed and treated, hopefully. We have a lot better insurance now, so that is part of what's motivating me. It had crossed my mind before, that it could be a herniated disc or fibromyalgia or something of the sort, but I also just thought I was overreacting and that these could just be natural aging pains. But I'm not that old! Wish me luck! 5-14-16
No comments:
Post a Comment