New Apartment
I haven't written much lately because this month has been very stressful for me, to say the least. Our contract ends this month, and I've been wanting to find a new place but also dreading the search. I have particular requirements due to my neurotoxicity and MCS and every place I went to didn't have what I needed so I was getting so frustrated. I went to a place in Bountiful and it was SUPER small and there was a smell that was giving me a headache. Then I went to an apartment complex in North Salt Lake, which was a dumb idea. It was basically right across the street from one of the refineries. I got a tour of the apartment then went straight home and let John know that was not the place for us. The smell was so so bad. There's no way I'd be able to tolerate it there.Then I went and saw a townhouse in Farmington. It was plenty big and even had an attached garage. The owner said the place was recently painted about 2 weeks ago. I could definitely smell it. I asked him if he aired the place out and he said "no." So that was the end of that. We couldn't live in a place like that that was already bothering me without even living in it yet. At this point I had had enough! I was so so frustrated! I didn't think I'd ever find a place that would work for us (me). I felt fear come over me. I have this baby on the way and I don't have a place to live in to take care of him. It's a horrible feeling. It wasn't just about me anymore. It's about the baby. So, I found a renewed energy and did tons of research on KSL.com. Top of my list was an apartment in Farmington. I went, keeping in mind that it probably wouldn't work out. The girl that let me tour the apartment was very understanding of my condition and even stayed with me in the apartment for like 45 minutes to make sure I could tolerate it. Well, I did tolerate it! It was great! And the apartment was big and beautiful! It was perfect for us. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms. So I went home and told John all about it. He was so relieved but probably not as much as I was. We are moving in on the 31st of January and John and I couldn't be happier! I've already started the packing process and I'm just so ready to go! John has yet to see the apartment and I really think he's going to love it. I'm sure to the average person, they wouldn't be able to understand why it was so frustrating for me. But I'd tell him or her to experience what I've experienced with this illness for the past year. It's been one disappointment right after the other. And I didn't feel like I had a say in what kind of an apartment we'd get. I'm glad I searched and prayed and kept on going. I can actually tolerate the living room and the kitchen. At times I feel this illness is too much for me to bear, physically and emotionally. But I think things will be significantly better in this new place. 1-22-18
28 Weeks Along
My sciatica nerve has been hurting pretty badly. Each step I take is painful in my right leg. The back of my right leg. My headaches come and go. There are some days the headache pain lasts all day and I just can't get rid of it and can't go into the kitchen or living room. And then other days I'm just fine. ... I'm so excited to be in my 3rd trimester! I can't believe we've made it this far but I love it! If I were to go into labor now, my baby would have a 90 percent chance of survival. He's THAT advanced! He's 2.5 lbs and like 17 inches. And it's been ten weeks since our last ultrasound! I want to see him so badly! John and I love this baby so so much. We can't wait to meet him. I get worried that he's bored in there but John just keeps reminding me that he loves it in there and that he's got it made. He's got a constant temperature, plenty to eat, etc. I love it when John says that, it makes me feel so much better. 1-24-18
No comments:
Post a Comment