Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Friday, March 23, 2018

John's Birthday, Baby Shower, 32 Weeks 1 Day Along

John's Birthday Celebration

We went to Cheesecake Factory (yes, as usual) for lunch . It was fun! We talked about plans for the baby shower the next day. After dinner I got the Godiva (as usual) and John got banana (as usual). We brought the cheesecakes home. I took a bite of his banana cheesecake and proceeded to tell him that our waiter took a bite into his cheesecake. So I offered to have the rest so that he wouldn't be exposed to the waiter's germs. Needless to say it didn't work. 2-16-18

Baby Shower

Em Brockbank, Brianne Birdsley, and Brittany Brockbank threw a shower for us at the Brockbank home. It was so beautiful! Of course. The food was awesome- quiche, bacon, yogurt, fruit, cake, scones, cookies, muffins, etc. John wanted to come and stay the whole time, which he did and I loved having him there. I always love showing him off. He's such a social butterfly. He makes everyone around him relaxed and enjoy their experience. I was glad he was there to help me socialize with everyone. There were lots of people there! John helped open gifts with me and then at the end carried everything out to the car! It was so great! John was VERY concerned that everyone I invited came. Obviously that was not possible, but it was really cute to see him get excited that the people I invited came. John is always my advocate. I love it. It was so fun chatting and seeing everyone! We got great gifts! My favorite moments from the big day were: having cute little Brooke help me and John open gifts, all of John's cheesy jokes, talking with Cassidy about her upcoming move to Arizona, talking with Abbie afterwards, witnessing Nate complain about the wood work and paint in his AMAZING house, and I loved talking to Em afterwards about her spine issues (which are a lot like mine). I so enjoyed Cassidy, Katie and McKenna telling me their epidural experiences and how they were so glad they did it. They took naps during their labors! Cool! I like to think that I'll be tough enough to resist the epidural but I probably won't. ...I didn't get ANY pictures! I totally spaced it. Em had a lot of fun games, too. She had a grandma baby bottle drinking contest (between my mom and Lynda). Lynda won but it wasn't really that fair cause my mom's bottle didn't have a hole in the nipple. There was also a game of guessing the number of kisses in a big jar and a "Price is Right" game that Mom won. She had to guess the combined cost of a bunch of baby items. And then we got to keep all of those baby items! It was seriously a dream baby shower. I couldn't have asked for anything more. I'm so grateful to those ladies and everyone that came. We felt so loved! I also loved talking with Lindsay. She's the one who's been through 3 cycles of IVF and finally had some luck! She's pregnant! 12 weeks along. I was so so so happy for her. She had been really frustrated about it all. Jim and Beverly couldn't make it but they sent with Jeannie a VERY generous gift. And Brittany and Brianne each gave us large checks too! Nate and Em probably spent a fortune on the party! John's family has been so wonderful to me these past 3 years. I really got lucky in the in-laws department. 2-17-18

 Em had this fun activity for everyone. Everyone ironed on these cute pictures onto onesies and bibs for the baby. They were so cute!











Party favors that Em made-yummy coconut, chocolate, caramel cookies

 Super soft little sockies

 Getting all of this boy baby stuff and organizing all of it at home the next day, made this baby thing much more real to me. John and I are beyond excited! I'm feeling baby move more and more. I can't wait to hold him in my arms, bathe him, dress him, comfort him when he cries or is sick, rock him to sleep. All of it. John and I want to be everything to him. 

Diaper cake from Star. Newborn diapers are tiny!


Some of the MANY gifts we got. That's our diaper backpack in the back.

John and I discussed maybe getting a 3D ultrasound but found out it's very expensive.  32 weeks is the ideal time to get it done, but it probably won't happen.

32 Weeks 1 Day Along


2-22-18


No comments:

Post a Comment