New Apartment
We moved into our new apartment on January 31, 2018. We were SO glad to leave our old one. We LOVE our new apartment. I can actually be out in the kitchen and living room! And the laundry room is very separate from our living area and it's a top loader washer, so there are absolutely no mildew smells. The day we moved in was the first time John had seen the apartment and glad to say that he was really impressed with my choice. Just when I was about to give up out of sheer frustration, I did a lot of research and found this one
Our front room before every thing was put away. This has been a stressful and expensive move!
Valentine's Day
John had to work, sadly. And we told each other we weren't going to do gifts. But, John was taking a little longer to get home from work and I was a little worried about him. When he finally walked in the door he Cavanaugh's chocolates and chocolate dipped strawberries in his possession. So sweet of him! After his 13 hour shift, he was still thinking of me. 2-14-18
My man knows me!And I'm not going to lie, John and I finished off the chocolates the next day. I have quite the appetite at this point in my pregnancy. 2-14-18
31 Weeks 1 Day Along
Our sweet babe is as big as a coconut at 18 inches and 3.2 lbs! All 5 of his senses are fully operational. His eyes can perceive light with fully functioning irises that dilate and contract. His ears can distinguish sounds. His heart rate can speed up and slow down in response to certain music. His nose is ready for smelling. He gets a scent from his mama's scent in the amniotic fluid that passes through his nasal passages. He plays with his nose, toes, umbilical cord, and the uterine wall to hone his sense of touch. He can open his mouth and suck on his thumb to practice eating. Cranial connections are occurring at an astonishing rate. Cerebral development is in high gear. So many things have changed since I last wrote. My belly is definitely on the larger than average size. My OB says that's because I have such a small frame and especially torso. I discovered at my last appointment that I only gained about 5 pounds in the past 4 months (thank goodness that rate is slowing down!). Dr. Johnson said that about this time, Mom starts declining in weight gain simply because there's not a lot of room in the abdominal area. And I'm walking proof of that! Shortly after I eat, if I lie down I'm unable to catch my breath. And this effect will last for hours. Sometimes I have a hard time breathing at any time! I feel baby moving way down low, way over to my sides, and way up under my rib cage! My uterus has gotten very big! Which is very good. He moves very frequently. Occasionally I'll do a kick/movement count (which involves ascertaining10 kicks within an hour's time) and I'll usually reach ten kicks/ movements in about 2 minutes. I love that he moves so much. Sometimes it makes my abdomen sore though. He seems to enjoy moving in one particular spot and that is to the left and slightly below my belly button area. I'm unable to sleep on my stomach or back so switching from side to side throughout the night is my only option. Lying on my stomach is way uncomfortable and I feel like I'm overstretching muscles in my abdominal area that I shouldn't be. If I lay flat on my back, I find it REALLY hard to breathe. And sometimes it makes me nauseated. But simply tilting my pelvic area and torso with a pillow seems to do the trick. At my last OB appointment on the 12th I did my glucose drink blood test (which gave me a bad migraine later that day). The blood test results came back normal. I don't have gestational diabetes. Thank goodness. My diet is limited a lot as it is... My sciatica pain has gotten REALLY bad. Dr. Johnson said that heat (like hot baths) are helpful. My posterior hips and tailbone have been hurting pretty badly as well. And it feels like the baby is putting pressure on my rectum area...We are so excited to meet our son! The doc said that he could be born anytime from here on out and live just fine. Yay! Of course I want him to cook thoroughly but I'm so happy and proud that he's developed so well and that he's healthy. His heartrate was 150 bpm at my last appointment... Our baby shower is in 2 days! John and I are very excited! 2-15-18
No comments:
Post a Comment