Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Friday, March 23, 2018

Sold Bed, Jerusha's Baby Shower, OB Appointment, Relief Society President, Alexandra's Bridal Shower, Church, Pulmonologist Appointment, Baby Clothes, Star's Baby, 35 Weeks 2 Days Along

Sold Bed

We finally sold our bed! Just the bed frame. It was way too big for our room. It's a beautiful frame and we are going to miss the way it looked, but not having it is definitely a better option.


Aw, these pictures make me sad cause I loved the way it looked. John bought this bed when he bought his house in Taylorsville. He has such good taste. But look how pretty our quilt is. So pretty.

Jerusha's Baby Shower

Jerusha is an old roommate of mine when we both lived in Pleasant Grove. At that time, she was dating the guy that is now her husband and I was dating the guy who is now my husband. It's fun to have that in common with her. John and I got invited to Jerusha's and Braeden's co-ed baby shower. It was pretty fun! I'm really liking these co-ed showers. Guys make things like this more fun! They bring their masculine energy. And heck- they're just as excited about having a baby as we are! The host had sausage, bacon and waffles (which was AWESOME for me cause I can't make them cause of my neurotoxicity symptoms). And of course, John lit up as soon as we got in the big group and he took on the spotlight. I LOVE watching him like this. He's totally in his element in large groups. He's full of energy, cracking all the right jokes and all the right times, he's confident, he's just amazing. He got involved in all the games (there were lots of them!) and just made it all the more fun. He loves being "on stage" and having all eyes on him. When he's in a big group he collects a ton of energy from every one in the room. He makes people so comfortable and relaxed. And of course makes them laugh. He definitely makes me more relaxed and it's an opportunity for me to show off my amazing husband. I love having him by my side, and especially in social situations like these... Jerusha and Braeden have had a difficult journey with conceiving. They previously had 3 miscarriages (I had a hard enough time with one miscarriage!) but finally had success with this pregnancy. She is due April 9th, just 9 days before me! She's so sweet and it was so great to catch up with her. 3-3-18

 I loved watching John in this game. He had to do something like put shoes on with a balloon in his belly (if only that was accurate and my pregnant belly was only the weight of a balloon!). John's been really patient with me- he's been putting my socks and shoes on for me. I've reached a point where I lack the abdominal muscles and my belly is just right in the way of trying to get my shoes and socks on. We've been noticing that my legs are retaining quite a bit of fluid. As well as my feet! My feet only fit in my mom's hand-me-down boots. And my legs have never been this big. It's very weird for me.

John made friends with this cute little boy and they had to pop each other's pregnant belly balloons.





All eyes on John! He loves the spotlight and he loves competition. He was so in his element. I love seeing him like this. 

OB Appointment

I'm getting to the point that I no longer look forward to my OB appointment. I want to have the BIG appointment, which is delivering this baby! But we went anyway, I got weighed, measured and we listened to the baby's heart beat, and then of course I had my long list of questions. The doc says that my belly will only grow about a centimeter more before I deliver. Back to my weight- I don't really know why I'm gaining so much at this pace. I really wonder how much of it is water weight vs. actual weight. I feel like I'm retaining a lot of water...I don't really worry about baby as much now, because I can feel him move almost all of the time. That makes SUCH a difference with my anxiety. I know he's okay cause I can feel him move. And if I'm not feeling him move then I just eat something sugary and go lie down on my left side. I usually reach 10 kicks with in 5 minutes. John and I really love our doctor and we are keeping our fingers' crossed that he will actually be able to do the delivery. Dr. Johnson said that his chances of actually delivering for us is something like 85 percent. The other 15 percent consists of the chance that he's not on call, not in the office, and like far away on the slopes or a vacation. I guess if he isn't available, it's no biggy. But John really connects with him and he's just so positive. He actually listens to me and doesn't mind all of my questions. He's very patient. Johnson said that 37 weeks is considered "full term" so I could really go in to labor at any time and baby would most likely be healthy. That's so good to hear. I can't wait to meet this sweet little guy! 3-7-18

Relief Society President

Today my relief society president paid me a visit. She's sweet and it was so good to get to know her a bit. I gave her the details on my pregnancy and my neurotoxicity. She's very understanding. She let me know that she was going to get some women to bring over meals after the baby's born. That sounds like heaven! 3-8-18

Alexandra's Bridal Shower

Chase's (John's cousin) bride to be is Alexandra! It was so great to meet her and see she and Chase play the "newly wed" game. I learned that Chase and John are A LOT alike. Go figure! Alexandra is so nice and friendly. She and Chase seem great for each other! She is actually a lot like Jeannie. Most of all, John and I are so happy that Chase has found his companion! I loved hearing about how he proposed to her. Apparently he picked out the ring and they had never even TALKED about marriage so she was genuinely surprised! So fun! They hadn't even said "I love you" to each other yet. I love that. They're so great together. And although my due date is two days before their wedding, I hope we are able to go... I got to go to the Larson's new house afterwards (it's gorgeous, of course!). I got the whole tour. Afterwards, when I got home, John was feeling bad he didn't go! Guess he could have cause Grandpa Kirsch, John and Scott were there. Dorothy was there as well, and you should have seen her face when I walked in to the room with my big belly. We haven't seen each other in months and she is forgetting things so easily now, anyway. I loved sitting by her, though, and talking with her. She is so sweet. And when you compliment her she gets confused and says "Really?" I also got lots of socializing time with McKenna, Cassidy and Katie. I love those girls. McKenna told me all about her labor and delivery experience. Her little baby boy is so sweet. And of course, so is Cassidy's little girl. I'm so sad that Cassidy is moving next month! But I'm pretty jealous that she gets to go to AZ. The weather is so much better there than cold snowy Utah! Hopefully we can find the time to visit! 3-10-18


Church

John couldn't come with me cause he's having to work Sundays. I barely made it through sacrament meeting. Sitting in the pew made it pretty much impossible to breathe! Among many other things, so I didn't make it through the full 3 hours. Hopefully I can stay longer with each Sunday. However, I'm only going to get bigger and more uncomfortable! 3-11-18

Pulmonologist Appointment

We've been wanting John to get a sleep study done for months now (Simon and Mom inspired us). His NP required him to see a pulmonologist first. So John waited about 2 weeks to get in with one at St. Mark's. It went as expected- John explained his symptoms to the doc and the doc said "Yeah, you most likely have sleep apnea." Okay- thank you, Mr. pulmonologist. I told him the same thing! So then the pulmonologist sent a referral over to the sleep study department at St. Mark's and we are waiting to hear from them to make an appointment. We are kind of in a time crunch cause we really want him to HAVE the CPAP before the baby gets here. AND John is having a really hard time concentrating on school and he's currently taking a pretty difficult course. It's difficult and John doesn't have much of an interest in it. I have some knowledge and have helped explain some things to him... Poor thing- he wakes up with the slightest movement or sound in the middle of the night. And it's just gotten worse and worse over the past 3 years (Believe me, I've witnessed it). When we were first married, we got a humidifier, nasal strips for him and Flonase for him (and ear plugs for me and him). Those seemed to help for a little while, but now it's almost as if they do nothing. Granted- I'm a bit heavier now that I'm pregnant, but even before I gained the weight I would wake him up, simply by turning over in bed! And now it's really bad. I feel so bad for him when his alarm goes off at 5 am, cause I KNOW he had a horrible night, doesn't feel refreshed, and has to get ready for a 12 hour shift in our cold apartment. We're both praying that this CPAP works a miracle for him. 3-13-18

Baby Clothes

Ilene texted me and said that her daughter wanted to give me her son's old baby clothes. I was like "heck yeah"! So her husband brought them to me. It's a huge bag of super cute stuff! I've had a lot of fun sorting and organizing them. One of the outfits I chose for the baby's "coming home" outfit. John and I are so so grateful! This is going to save us a lot of money. 3-14-18






Star's Baby

Star had her baby today! She and I have been pregnancy buddies practically throughout both of our pregnancies. She was like 3 weeks ahead of me. We told each other we were pregnant way before we told everyone else. I was like- "Guess what, I'm pregnant!" And she responded "I am too!" It's been fun. Her baby is super cute. I've seen her Facebook pictures and hopefully I'll get to see her in person soon! 3-15-18

35 Weeks 2 Days Along

It feels crazy typing 35 weeks out cause I can't believe I'm this far! Although it does seem that the latter half of this 3rd trimester is taking its sweet time. And ohhhhh, the symptoms! Well, I just feel heavier for one thing. That's because I am. My frame has never taken on this much weight before! I have almost refused any bending over. My sciatica and hips are both hurting pretty badly. The exercises and walking I'm doing are helping, I think. And just recently, I've been feeling lots of pressure in my pubic bone area. Breathing is pretty difficult. While lying down, I can only breathe while lying on my left side, which means I only have one option. My body definitely does not like staying in one position ALL NIGHT LONG. I get pretty sore. About a couple times every night, John will see that I've rolled over on to my back, and he'll have to pull me back over to my left side. I usually half- way wake up when he does this and cause I'm out of it, I can't figure out what he's doing and why. Even though I told him I WANT him to do it for me. I can't breathe while lying on my back and it's bad for the baby, too. I got a belly band to help with my sciatica pain, but it's hard to put on. John always has to help me. I have to pee about once every 30 minutes throughout the day and I have to take the belly band off each time, so it's all kinds of a pain. The pressure of the baby on my bladder is very real!  I've been taking baths almost every day to help with the sciatica pain but that does next to nothing, honestly. It is pretty relaxing though, and it gets baby moving, for whatever reason. In the bath, I play his "favorite" songs. I have a baby's playlist on my YouTube: The Green Eyed Dragon, Animal Crackers in my Soup, Baby Mine, Suzanne is a Funniful Man, and A Bushel and a Peck. I love playing Grandpa Mottishaw's songs for him. They really wake him up! Grandpa was so animated when he sang to us. I wish John had been able to see him do it. The two of them would have gotten along so well! John kind of reminds me of Grandpa in some ways... My emotions are going crazy. I can't play the Baby Mine song for Porter without crying like crazy. Especially if I'm watching the scene in the movie (Dumbo)(on YouTube). I cry so easily. I've had to kind of stay away from the news cause there's so much sad/bad news! I can't handle sadness right now... John told me the password for our Direct TV account and the baby's name is in it. That made me so happy! I love that he did that. I get worried that John is going to change his mind on the baby's name, but he's assured me that he won't! We've been calling him his actual name for months now (ever since we found out he's a boy), that's truly his name. We won't be reconsidering it. We both LOVE that name... Some of my favorite moments involve John and me cuddling in bed, and I think the baby somehow knows when his daddy is around (probably because of his low voice), cause he really gets moving. So I put John's hand on my belly and John LOVES to feel him move. One time he had his head on my tummy, and he was amazed at the strong movements he was feeling from our little one. He gets really excited. John will walk around the apartment saying his name over and over again, with a lisp. I don't know why but It's really cute... John and I have been talking quite a bit, lately, about the values and principles we want to pass on to our kids. One of the major things is kindness and positivity. We want there to be a positivity in our home that our children can witness and enjoy. How do we do that? One way is to talk nicely about other people to and in front of our kids. Sounds trite but we both feel strongly that we want that for our kids and it's not trite. It's very important. Kids suck up every little bit of what their parents say. We want our kids to trust others and to believe that people are good; most of them and for the most part. I notice the light of Christ in all babies and little ones. We want our kids' light of Christ to grow and only become stronger We feel that in order to maintain that within them is to be positive in the home. And to teach them trust and to not "gossip." Of course there are people that John and I don't necessarily like or have issues with, but we plan to discuss those issues in the privacy of our room. Never in front of our kids. Kids are naturally so positive and I want to do all I can not to squash that with a projected negative energy. Have you ever heard of the quote "Where attention goes, energy flows." When our children witness where our attention goes, they learn from that. Where our attention goes, our children will believe that to be of great importance. I don't want our children to see our energy and attention going to something insignificant or negative. We want a good positive energy in our home. So that our little ones will always feel safe and comfortable in our home. Also- honesty is a huge thing. I've been listening to some podcasts from a well known psychologist in Canada. He talks a lot about relationships and honesty is one of the most important things to maintain in an kind of a relationship. Without honesty, a relationship will evaporate into nothing. I agree with that and have witnessed that in my own life. And I look at mine. and John's relationship and I totally understand that it wouldn't survive without honesty.  Dishonesty puts an emotional distance between two people. For one thing- the human being cannot keep track of all his/her lies, so eventually they get caught. And when that happens (especially on a repetitive basis) the trust evaporates. And it can be VERY hard to get that back. Lying is such a bad habit. If one has done it their entire lives, it's very hard to get out of that rut. 3-17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment