Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Sleep Study, 36 Weeks 6 Days Along

Sleep Study

It did not go well. John spent about 45 minutes setting up the device that went around his chest and in his nose and everything. But he didn't even fall asleep until 4am! So, the device didn't catch very much of his bad sleeping, if it caught any at all. He only got one night to do it, so he had to take it back the next day. I'm so bugged and frustrated! We need to get this taken care of and get him on a CPAP before the baby comes! He doesn't need a sleep test- I already know that he needs a CPAP. Uggggh. I'm sick of him not sleeping well and then having to work 12 hour shifts the next day. I'm worried about him and things are only going to get more complicated when the baby is here. Good, complicated, but complicated, nonetheless. 3-26-18

36 Weeks 6 Days Along

I've been getting Braxton Hick's contractions many times throughout each day. It is usually at it worst when I'm lying down at night. 2 nights ago I felt it in my hind end and down the back of my legs. I eventually fell asleep and when I awakened they were gone.  Every time I go to my doc appointments, Johnson says things like "You could go into labor anytime now!" and so he gets me excited and makes me think that it's going to happen soon. But, no, not yet! I get checked at my next appointment. In reality, I don't want the baby to come early. I want him to stay in there as long as he can in order to develop fully. I don't want him to struggle and I really don't want him to have to spend anytime in the NICU. And- not as important, but still- I don't want him to come until April. No one in mine or John's families have birthdays in April. Sounds silly, but I want our babe to have his own month. And April is beautiful, and hopefully it's not snowing! We've been getting a lot of snow storms lately! I want him to come to a world beautiful, blooming with flowers. Not annoying snow... I am VERY antsy for the baby's arrival. I want to see what he looks like, I want to experience his little personality. I want to be with my baby! I need him and he needs me. I'm very emotional right now and it's really hard knowing that your baby is so close yet so far away! My due date is in less than a month, which means I'll get to see him within that length of time, but I still have to go through the process of labor and delivery. Which makes it seem like a lifetime away... I'm experiencing a lot of edema. It's getting pretty intense. I look at it as fat and John has to keep reminding me that it's fluid. I don't feel like myself or look like myself. My blood pressure is fine, though. In fact, I'm confusing my doctor because I started out my pregnancy with a high blood pressure and it's been slowly come down ever since. He said that most pregnant women experience the opposite... My breathing has gotten really bad. There's no laying on my right side, cause I just can't catch my breath at all. Feels like an elephant is sitting on my chest. Even on my left side I struggle (even after hours of having eaten). Thank goodness for my wedge pillow. That relieves some of the pressure. No one ever warned me of this symptom, and I feel like it's a major one. Maybe it's unique to me cause I've got a very short torso. The funny (and great!) thing is that I haven't felt any sciatica pain for days! It's great! I'm VERY grateful (and confused). Not having it is making me realize just how bad the pain was when I did have it. I honestly don't know how I was even walking.  3-27-18

No comments:

Post a Comment