Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Idaho for Christmas, 24 Weeks, Holly's Baby Shower, OB Appointment

Idaho for Christmas

On the morning of the 23rd, Mom and Simon came to visit and bring us our gift.  They gave us a beautiful piece of wall art that we'll be hanging in the baby's room. It's a picture of a beautiful baby being carried by angels through the sky and I'm assuming down to earth. I really like it, it reminds me of Grandma, Grandpa and Nana, and that I think they are helping prepare our baby to come to earth and to our family. After they left John took his test and unfortunately did not pass. So he will have to take the class. Then we packed and we were on our way.  We were very hesitant to take another extended road trip because we didn't like the drive to and from Coos Bay Oregon when we visited the Hatches. But we went anyway. It ended up being about 4.5 to 5 hours each way; probably just enough for us to stand. John gets really stiff and headaches when he drives for extended lengths of time.  Stopping at gas stations along the way in Idaho were miserable because it was so cold and windy. But when we got to Eagle, ID around 8pm it wasn't too bad. First thing Kinne said when I walked in was that she couldn't believe how big my belly was. She said "I looked like you when I was 35 weeks pregnant!" Didn't love the comment, but hey, at least baby is growing and my OB says that I'm a  healthy size! And I always knew I'd grow a bigger belly than other women due to my height and short torso... I got a tour of their house and we had a really yummy salmon salad with some incredible vinaigrette that I absolutely LOVED. I'm definitely buying it here in Utah. That evening we also went to this fantastic mall that John just LOVED. It had incredible arcade games, with bowling alleys with these huge TV screens above them; movie theaters with restaurants. It was like John had died and gone to heaven. We got ready for church the next morning. Highlight of the morning was when John removed a tag on the back of Jim's white church shirt. John thought it was pretty funny. My favorite moments from the trip were hearing of John, Jim, and Michael's "bachelor pad" days, after Lynda had moved out and it was just the three guys living together there at the house in Cali. Apparently Jim was quite the lady's man and went out on quite a few dates. I enjoyed Jim and John reminiscing; Jim is pretty funny and makes John laugh really easily. The next morning was Christmas! John and I slept in while Kinne and Jim got up at 4:00! We opened gifts. I gave John a Cheesecake Factory gift card and a shirt that said "Only the Best Husbands get Promoted to Daddy." Along with the shirt included a card that was "written" by the baby. It basically said that he couldn't wait to meet his daddy, that mommy talks about him a lot, and that his favorite part of the day is when he reads or sings to him. Then Jim, John and I got to watch the Cavs/Warriors game. Sadly I had a major migraine from all of the cooking. John thought for sure that the Warrior's would lose since Curry couldn't play due to a sprained ankle. We won! John really enjoys watching sports with his dad. That evening I couldn't join them for dinner cause of the fumes in the kitchen. I stayed up in the bedroom, so emotional, crying because I was so distraught over my neurotoxicity and the symptoms and that it was keeping me from being able to enjoy Christmas day. Kinne and John so nicely prepared a meal for me on this big tray and brought it up to me. It was so sweet and nice! John hates to see me cry and hates that I have to deal with this stupid toxic illness, but he feels pretty certain that I will heal from it and feel "normal" one day. The next day, we ate breakfast, then we packed, then we did a little musical program. Kinne played the piano and Jim, John and I acted out the different parts of the characters in the birth of Jesus (ie Mary, Joseph, the Inn Keeper, etc). I don't know what got into me, but as soon as Kinne started playing the piano, the baby started moving a lot, and I got to thinking about the baby and relating him to baby Jesus and me to Mary and John to Joseph, and I started bawling! Right there in front of everyone! So embarrassing!  Then John and Jim went to the arcade place at the mall and I took Kinne to Hobby Lobby even though I HATE shopping the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas. I very rarely ever do it.  Kinne got some things, then we headed over to Culver's and picked out some yummy ice cream.We finally got back to the house and shared the ice cream with the boys. John told us about his and Jim's escapades at the arcade place. There was a Jurassic Park game that was $2.50 for one game that lasted about 45 seconds! And John lost their points card and felt  guilty cause he had just gotten done making fun of his dad for losing something. Then we packed up the car. Kinne sent us away with some soup and beef stroganoff that we'll freeze and heat up to eat at home periodically. So grateful for that. So then we were off! We got home around 8:30pm and only had a little while to unpack before winding down and going to bed, since John had to be at work at 6am the next day.  12/23-26/17

The dressing I LOVED


24 Weeks Along

This pregnancy thing is getting pretty serious. 24 weeks is very far along, in my mind. I feel such comfort in knowing that I'm far enough along and the baby is big enough and has grown enough to a point that he could survive outside of the womb if I were to go into labor from here on out. I definitely feel like he's staying in there for a while longer, and so does Dr. Johnson, thanks to my awesome cervix... I feel the baby move everyday now. Some days it's a lot and some days it's just a little. I could be imagining this, but I swear he moves extra when music is playing, whether it be on the radio or piano. I SO wish I had a piano so that I could play for him... My baby is as big as an ear of corn (length-wise, that is)! Baby is a bit over 8 inches long and weighs about 1.5 lbs. As he accumulates more muscle and fat this week, he'll plump up nicely. As he gains weight, his now translucent skin will become opaque. He still has bright white eyelashes, eyebrows and hair, all of which have yet to acquire pigment. If you were to measure the baby's brain activity currently, it would be the same of that of a new born baby. His brain cells have matured enough to produce conscious thought and most likely- memory. Couple that with his amped up auditory system, and it's no wonder that the music he listens to in utero, is recognized by him after birth.

Holly's Baby Shower

I stopped at Harmon's and I'm GLAD I did. I got to participate in an activity that I've waited years to be able to do- I got to park in the "expectant mother's" parking, which was in the very front, of course. I've got to milk this pregnancy for all it's worth, right?! If only John had been with me- he would have been proud! He's all about getting the best parking spots...It was so good to see Holly (John's cousin) and her husband. They live in New York, but were able to come back home for a week and Holly's family was able to throw her a baby shower at the same time! Holly is so sweet and has offered many times, to open her apartment up to us and invite us to visit and stay in there place with them. I've always wanted to go to New York! But life has been crazy in 2017, so we haven't been able to pull it off just yet. The food was incredible (as usual for Cindy), and I got to catch up with Megan, Brianne and Brittany. It's so exciting that Holly and I are both having boys just a month apart! We're going to have to visit frequently so that our kids will get to know each other. Side note: my belly is bigger than Holly's and she is a month ahead of me in her pregnancy! So glad to be a part of this family and to be invited and welcome to events like these. John's family has been wonderful to me. 12-27-17

The momentous occasion

OB Appointment

I was in desperate need of this appointment, because of my headaches. He checked the baby's heart beat and it was so so good to hear. I feel so guilty that I've been so obsessive over my migraines, I haven't really had much of a chance to worry about the baby. I love him so much and he's so much more important to me than my stupid headaches. I'm so happy he's healthy. Doc measured my belly and said that I'm measuring perfectly.  It's amazing how women's bodies adjust and change in the way we need them to in order to house our growing little ones.    12-28-17

We got some more Christmas cards today. This is the current state of our fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment