Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Food Poisoning, Photo Shoot, Neurotoxicity & 22 Weeks Along

Food Poisoning

On Monday I ate some left-over cocktail shrimp- only like 3 of them. Within the hour I was vomiting them up. At that point I realized it was the shrimp. And I didn't feel the baby move from that point on. Come Tuesday morning, I still hadn't felt the baby move. The nurse at our OBGYN wanted us to come in and check on the baby.  So John and I got ready for our photo shoot in 1.5 hours (I definitely was not planning on that. We didn't even have our outfits planned out yet!), and left for the appointment. Dr. didn't do an ultrasound but he listened to the baby's heart. And there he was- just fine. At 155 beats per minute, as usual. Dr. said he could hear the baby's heart rate increase when he simultaneously heard him move. That's a very good sign. All good news! So we were off to our photo shoot from there. 12-12-17

Photo Shoot

This was fun. John humored me- we got our yearly family pictures taken. This photographer took our photos and had them ready for us the very next day! She was so sweet and she took great pictures! It was very very cold. Luckily the air was pretty clean up there. Crazy thing was that John was colder than me (well, not so crazy because I've been very hot this pregnancy.) We took pictures in two locations: A Christmas tree nursery and a big white public barn (I don't recall the name, but it's beautiful).  



















During this single shoot, Lauren told John to look into my eyes and then kiss his favorite part of my face. In his and my mind there was no debate as to what part of my face that would be! The bridge of my nose, of course!  John makes sure he gets his daily dose of rubbing the bridge of my nose. He loves it. I don't quite know why, but it's cute of him anyways. 

It was too cold. We'll have to do it earlier in the year next year. Especially since we'll have the baby!


Neurotoxicity & 22 Weeks Along

Despite not being able to feel the baby move yesterday, I did feel him move quite a bit this morning. Thankfully. I'm able to tolerate food today, besides the usual nausea this evening. Feeling frustrated with my neurotoxicity symptoms. Just going to and from my car to run errands today, I started getting a migraine from the bad air. I heard that elementary school teachers aren't even letting their students go outside for recess today, the air is so bad in Utah. Especially in Davis County. With my MCS,  I can't use the oven, stove, bread maker, crock pot, etc. It's so hard to eat healthy foods when I'm dealing with that aspect.  I can't be in the kitchen or living room for longer than a few minutes because of the smell of the washer and sometimes the finish on the cabinets. I'm so so grateful for our baby and that he is doing well and that he is healthy. But it doesn't take away from the fact that my everyday life is affected by this illness. I'm not getting enough protein cause I'm getting sick of beef jerky, peanut butter sandwiches and cottage cheese. Being pregnant, you can only eat so much of one thing everyday before you just don't want it anymore. I'm feeling really frustrated. I was telling John that it's been almost a year since I started with the neurotoxicity symptoms and it doesn't feel like I've improved. My neurologist said my nerves would most likely heal with time, but I don't feel it. This could be a lifetime ordeal. This medication isn't helping with my symptoms like my other one was before pregnancy. I'm still limited in what I can do and I hate it. And I feel like no one but John understands or truly comprehends how intrusive it is on my (our) daily life and how upset I am about it.  John has done so much for me and we've gone through so much this year to try to keep me away from triggering chemicals/scents. Now that it's winter we've realized I even get a bad reaction turning the heater on in the apartment! So we can't use the heater. Can't use a space heater or a heat dish.I'm so afraid that I won't ever be able to cook for my kids. Cooking is one of my favorite things to do. Having John be so understanding and patient helps. My favorite part of the day is when he comes home from work. He is fun and takes my mind off of the reality of this illness. And knowing I have a sweet baby on the way helps. I'm 22 weeks along today...Our baby is 1 pound now, and almost 8 inches long. His quickly developing nervous system is sharpening his senses more and more each day, putting him in touch with his world and his own body. A newfound sense of touch is making things a lot more fascinating in his cozy domain. As tiny fingers reach out to explore tiny toes, as well as his nose and ears. His digits feel his way along the uterine wall, grasping on to the branch- like umbilical cord. He's already working on the strong grip he'll use to grab onto my finger as a newborn. Baby's sense of sight is also coming into focus.  Even though it's dark within the womb and his eyelids are still fused shut, the baby can perceive light when I let the sun or flashlight shine on my belly. His cochlear membranes in the ears are tuned up to hear and process sounds from inside my body. The baby is consistently listening to my breathing, the "whoosh" of my blood flow, my rumbling tummy and the pitter-pattering of my heart beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment