Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Christmas in Color, Erika's Baptism, 20 Weeks 3 Days Along, Festival of Trees, 20 Weeks 4 Days Along

Christmas in Color

John and I picked Mom and Simon (my mom's husband) up at their new house in North Salt Lake. Before we left, we got a tour of it and all of their improvements. They got new flooring and carpet. John tested out their couches and gave them a "seal of John" approval (each and every seat of the couches had a recliner, which John loves). We are especially jealous of the couches cause we need a new one! We drove to South Jordan for the Christmas in Color lights show (the lights light up in sync with the music on the radio station). It was pretty cute,  It was fun spending time with Mom and Simon. John was the life of the party, as usual. I drove and he did the entertaining. We stopped at Maverick gas station and got some hot chocolate. They have so many flavor options! We are definitely going to Maverick for our future hot chocolate purchases. Hot chocolate is one of my few winter self- indulgences. Hopefully the baby likes it too; I guess he doesn't really have a choice as to what he gets, food-wise, for the next 4 or 5 months! 11/30/17

Erika's Baptism

Erika had her baptism today. We were unable to attend, but we are so happy for her that she has made this decision in her life to become an official member of the LDS religion. I believe it will turn out to be one of the best decisions she'll ever make.  12/2/17

20 Weeks 3 Days Along

Baby Bump picture time! I guess it's time to buy some actual maternity shirts. Normal shirts that are just loose and baggy tend to make me look like I'm just a little thick in the mid-section. I am so glad, though, that my body is successfully making more room for this little guy to grow more and more! It's amazing how the female body responds to hormones and changes in just the right ways to  grow a human being inside. 12/2/17

Festival of Trees

Parking in the Expo Center's parking lot really triggered John (it's truly a "survival of the fittest" driver battle for him). But everything thereafter was fun. John and I make sure we attend this festival every year. While growing up, John and his mom Lynda were the ones to decorate their Christmas trees. And of course Lynda taught him how to make them look fabulous. So John really likes looking at the different trees and judging them. This time he said "yes" or "no" to each tree, as to whether or not it was better looking or worse looking than any tree he's ever decorated. And of course the BYU themed trees were the best. We couldn't find any Golden State Warriors ones though, to John's great disappointment. That would be fun to make one ourselves and donate one day. Once we reached the end of the maze of trees, our feet and legs had had enough, especially my hips. So we watched some little kids' dance recitals, got a scone and then left. One of the main reasons I wanted to go was to see the tree made in memory of Curtis Fellows. Here it is:


John really appreciated the fact that Curtis loved soccer and his older sister and brother played soccer for BYU. I feel so sad that this 21 year old boy died. John and I didn't know him, but I knew his family and really loved his mom Loisann and his sister Katie. They lived in our ward when my family and I lived in Sandy (we moved from Sandy to Bountiful in about 1995). The Fellows are some of the sweetest people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing; I'm sure Curtis was just as great. I did contact Loisann and got to express to her how heart broken I was to hear of his passing. She's a wonderful woman, it was great to catch up... At the festival, it was especially sad to learn that some of these trees were made in memory of babies who had passed away. I can't imagine the heartache of losing not only a child, but a BABY.

20 Weeks 4 Days Along

My headache medication is not working as well as my pre-pregnancy med. I think part of the reason is because my blood volume is continuing to increase, the further along I get in my pregnancy, so the potency gets to be less and less. I usually get a headache some time during the day, especially if I go somewhere. And especially when I'm outside The air quality is so bad in Davis County and Salt Lake City. These dang refineries are the culprits. This neurotoxicity thing is no joke... I've been feeling more nauseated lately, too. Not just in the evenings, but mornings and daytime too. I've got to keep my stomach full to simply attempt to avoid it, for the most part, which is hard for me to do. Often times I don't feel the Vitamin B/ Unisom combo works. And I'd rather not take Ondansetron. John has been so patient and understanding with me and my issues. He does so much for me, I'm so grateful for him. He's always staying busy, even at home, doing dishes, cleaning, taking tests, studying...Some days the baby  moves a lot, and other days almost never at all. I mean, he's probably moving, but just not in a way for me to feel it. But I LOVE it when he does move and I can feel it. Hopefully, the further I get in my pregnancy, the more I will be able to feel him. I wish I could feel him move all the time!... 12/3/17

No comments:

Post a Comment