Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Sunday, December 10, 2017

20 Weeks 6 Days Along


20 Weeks 6 Days

I had my appointment with Dr. Johnson yesterday. He didn't do an ultrasound, sadly. But he did check the baby's heart rate with a Doppler. That gave me some relief. Not as much relief as I get with an ultrasound, obviously, but it will have to do for now. I told him I'm loving this Relaxin hormone; my back and neck haven't felt this great in years! I also told him I was having headaches more regularly. He said it makes sense that the headache medication is seeming less and less potent because my blood volume will continue to increase and peak at the time of delivery. At some point I'll have to stop an increase in the dose and I'll just have to live with the pain, unfortunately. I'm still having nausea. Last evening, I thought for sure that I was going to vomit. Lasted for hours and when I stand up from a seated or lying position, it gets really intense. The doc also went over my test results. The chances of our baby having any disorders like Down's Syndrome or Trisomy 18 (among others) are very low for someone my age. He gave me exact percentages; I can't recall them off of the top of my head but they were all well below 1%. He also reviewed our big ultrasound that we had done 2 weeks ago. He said the baby looks great and my cervix looks even better. He said my cervix is very long, which is what OB's and perinatalogists like to see. I have a lower chance of premature labor and other issues. That was such good news! At each appointment all I really need is to hear that my baby is in the best health possible. 12/5/17

No comments:

Post a Comment