Dickens Festival
This was at the Expo Center in Sandy. There was an old English vibe, décor and actors at each booth and walking around. We got cinnamon roasted almonds (for some reason I was addicted to these that day. They tasted SO much better than I remember them ever tasting. Must be a pregnancy thing). I seem to have a much stronger appetite now. Things just taste better to me...Then we found a jewelry booth. The seller made me an engraved bar necklace (I've been wanting one of these for a while. The bar necklace John got me a while ago had the wrong year for our wedding date & the seller wouldn't take a return or allow an exchange). The front says J+H, and the back says 11/21/14, our real wedding date. There was a ring that John liked. It was silver, thin and flat. His original wedding ring was more bulky than he liked and it bothered him. With this new one, he can feel comfortable leaving it on at work and at home and it doesn't bother him. I was so glad to find something like that for him! And it was only $10. We walked past some cute little boy clothes, and of course we thought of the baby (we're always thinking and talking about the baby). We had a great time! 12/7/17
Work Christmas Party
The party was fun! I got to meet John's co-workers and of course the doctors, who I had heard so much about! Really great people. You'd think psychiatrists would need to be very uptight and anti-social, but they were the exact opposite of that! So friendly and personable; funny and lighthearted. I loved hearing one doctor, specifically, talk about how fun it is to work with John and how the patients love him. I agreed with him; John has a way of making mundane things like work more fun and exciting... Half way through the party John and I snuck away to the hosting doctor's laundry room to visit their 2 cute dogs- 10 year old Chihuahuas that were little, but fat. One of them had something wrong with his jaw/ teeth which caused his tongue to hang out of her mouth constantly. And when you'd go to pet her, her tongue would stretch out and touch your hand way before your hand touched her head. So funny! I was surprised how calm and trusting they were. They seemed very pleased with me and John petting them and the attention they were getting. The doctor's wife said that they didn't want the dogs roaming the house during the party cause they're so little and quiet, they get stepped on and tripped over frequently, cause people don't notice them. 12/9/17
21 Weeks 4 Days Along
My OB said I would begin to feel the baby move a lot more in the coming weeks and let me tell ya-I'm feeling him move A LOT more lately! Yay! I love it but it can also be very uncomfortable at times. He seems to like to kick (or punch, for that matter) my cervix, rectum, colon, and bladder, or so it seems. When I tell John he gets a twinkle in his eyes and says "Yes! We've got a class clown!" Ha! Not sure if hitting your mother's organs makes you a class clown, ha... There are some evenings that I'm not experiencing nausea, or I experience very little. Last night I didn't have it until well after 10pm, when I was practically asleep. My back and neck are feeling great (the further I go in my pregnancy, the more Relaxin hormone is being released), and I love it! My belly is looking bigger and bigger. Things are great! I'm feeling confident in myself and my ability to carry this baby full term. I'm feeling confident in the baby- that he's healthy and strong and that he is meant to come into this world and be mine and John's. We can't wait to meet him! 12-10-17
No comments:
Post a Comment