John and I got a good rate at a nice hotel in Salt Lake for a couple nights (everyone was in Idaho for the eclipse). The first morning we went down to the street and watched the eclipse. John was VERY excited for it (We were hoping to have gone to Idaho Falls, but it didn't work out). One of his doctors he worked with had been talking about it all week. The eclipse was pretty cool. I was surprised though, that John was so amazed by it. It reminds me of his dad. Something that he got from his dad, which I really like... 8/20-22/17
Caring for Others
Alma 29:14, 16: "But I do not joy in my own success alone, but my joy is more full because of the success of my brethren... Now when I think of the success of these my brethren, my soul is carried away, even to the separation of it from the body, as it were, so great is my joy." Beautiful way to put it. 8/20/17
Our Niece's Birthday Party
We had a get together for her birthday the night before the whole family (my brother's family) had to go back home to Oregon. John and I stay so entertained watching and interacting with these kids. Most memorable moments of the evening: My niece putting lip gloss on my lips and Mom's lips, not getting much of it on our actual lips; while we were saying goodbye to them in their car, my niece was putting her lip gloss on and said "I can't stop putting it one." Ha!; and our nephew couldn't stand that she was getting gifts. Each one she opened, he would grab it and run with it, even with the Wonder Woman doll! 8/22/17
She applied this probably a total of 220 times, that evening! We miss these guys already! We'll, for sure, be visiting them soon!
One last "Top Ten" game before they left the next day.
Songs
Songs I've been liking lately:
Electric Love, by Borns
Highway Man, by Ashley Campbell
Record Year, by Eric Church
You Got It, by Roy Orbison
Check them out!
Top 12 Family Movie Favorites
I wanted to record these down somewhere. These are the movies that we, growing up, loved. We would regularly quote lines from them and memorize them:
Clifford
Pure Luck
Rocketman
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Princess Bride
Joe vs. the Volcano
Turner and Hooch
Father of the Bride
What about Bob
Groundhog Day
Muppets from Space
Money Pit
Back to the Future
Check them out if you haven't already!

No comments:
Post a Comment