Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Dinner Party, Rec Center, English Manor, Meat Benefits, Dr. Strange

Dinner Party

I know this doesn't look like a dinner party...well this is post-dinner party. John couldn't come to the actual dinner part, when the Maynes were there, but as soon as he was able to get off work he jetted over... Our niece's "back hurt" so of course Simon gave her a massage.



Then John got a massage after his long day of work

Can't forget the shoulders

And the fingers.

And the face.



She tried to flip her eyelids cause she thought it was cool when John flipped his.


She would play around with her eyes for a couple seconds and then look at me like this. Then I'd tell her if they were flipped or not. I think she was hoping they would magically flip on their own.

And then, of course the nose stealing. John had so much fun with her She makes us laugh, non-stop. We're going to miss her and the other kids so much. 8/13/17

Rec Center

John ended up taking the kids to the Rec Center for our fun activity with them while they are in town (they are visiting from Coos Bay, Oregon) . So wish I could have gone! But they had fun anyways! 8/15/17









English Manor

Check out these awesome picks mom sent me and I edited. Apparently we have some ancestor from a thousand years ago, who was rewarded with a manor because he did so well in battle. I'll have to get exact names and dates from Mom, but look how beautiful this is:




























































































Meat Benefits

I just learned some important things regarding nutritional benefits of meat. There is a substance called Carnitine that's in animal meat that is very important for us to have. It helps with providing energy... Soy is popular these days, however soy is not necessarily "good" for you. Especially for men. There is something called Phytoestrogens in soy, which can cause breasts to grow in men, and can decrease men's energy. I wish more people knew about this stuff! 8/19/17

Dr. Strange

I watched the movie Dr. Strange today, and didn't really know what to expect, but found it was really quite good. There were some excellent quotes that I decided to look up and share with you all:


The Ancient One: Arrogance and fear still keep you from learning the simplest and most significant lesson of all.
The Ancient One: It's not about you.


Dr. Stephen Strange: I'm not ready.
The Ancient One: No one ever is. We don't get to choose our time.
[takes his hand]
The Ancient One: Death is what gives life meaning. To know your days are numbered. Your time is short. You'd think after all this time, I'd be ready. But look at me. Stretching one moment out into a thousand... just so that I can watch the snow


The Ancient One: We never lose our demons, Mordo. We only learn to live above them



Dr. Stephen Strange: [on magic] I control it by surrendering control? That doesn't make any sense.
The Ancient One: Not everything does. Not everything has to.


The Ancient One: [as Doctor Strange is being moved through various dimemsions of the Multiverse] You think you know how the world works? You think that this material universe is all there is? What is real? What mysteries lie beyond the reach of your senses? At the root of existence, mind and matter meet. Thoughts shape reality. This universe is only one of an infinite number. Worlds without end. Some benevolent and life giving. Others filled with malice and hunger. Dark places where powers older than time lie ravenous... and waiting. Who are you in this vast multiverse, Mr. Strange?


Baron Mordo: [to Strange] I once stood in your place. And I, too, was... disrespectful. So, might I offer you some advice? Forget everything you think you know


The Ancient One: Master Kaecilius. That ritual will bring you only sorrow


The Ancient One: I've spent so many year peering through time, looking at this exact moment. But I can't see past it. I've prevented countless terrible futures and after each one there's always another, and they all lead here but never further.
Dr. Stephen Strange: You think this is where you die.
The Ancient One: You wonder what I see in your future?
The Ancient One: I never saw your future, only its possibilities. You have such a capacity for goodness. You've always excelled, but not because you crave success but because of your fear of failure.
Dr. Stephen Strange: It's what made me a great doctor.
The Ancient One: It's precisely what's kept you from greatness. Arrogance and fear still keep you from learning the simplest and most significant lesson of all.
The Ancient One: It's not about you! When you first came to me, you asked me how I was able to heal Jonathan Pangborn. I didn't. He channels dimensional energy directly into his own body.
Dr. Stephen Strange: He uses magic to walk.
The Ancient One: Constantly. He had a choice, to return to his own life or to serve something greater than himself.
Dr. Stephen Strange: So I could have my hands back again. My old life?
The Ancient One: You could and the world would be all the lesser for it. I hated drawing power from the dark dimension but as you well know, sometimes one must break the rules in order to serve the greater good.
Dr. Stephen Strange: Mordo won't see it that way.
The Ancient One: Mordo's soul is rigid and unmovable, forged by the fires of his youth. He needs your flexibility, just as you need his strength. Only together do you stand a chance of stopping Dormammu.
Dr. Stephen Strange: I'm not ready.
The Ancient One: No one ever is. We don't get to choose our time. Death is what gives life meaning. To know your days are numbered, your time is short. You'd think after all this time I'd be ready, but look at me. Stretching one moment out into a thousand just so I can watch the snow
8/19/17

No comments:

Post a Comment