Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Pool w/ Hatch's, Dinner, Brag Time, Work, Work, Work

July 28, 2015

John and I both got today off, yay! Good thing, because we are wanting to spend as much time with Sarah and the kids as possible. We met Sarah and the kids at the Cottonwood Heights pool. The Maynes' showed up fashionably late (Kidding! Nate had to work til 3) It was only like 75 degrees! I was freezing and so were the kids! But it was fun, nonetheless. I can't get enough of Savannah! She is so cute! She calls her mom "Sarah". Shows that kids learn more by example, not by what we tell them to do.

Brad and Nate jumped off the highest platform. I couldn't believe it! John did it too, last summer. He opted out this year. Probably smart. I was so impressed by Nate and Brad, though. So brave!

Then we went back to our place. After slipping on the kitchen floor and making a fool of myself (ha!) we  ate dinner- yummy lasagna (check out Christa's Easy Lasagna recipe on my recipe blog!)The kids had fun playing on the trampoline. We showed Sarah the Drew Lynch America's got Talent video. And then Nate and the kids watched a bunch of Dog Vlog videos. They're so funny!

John loves playing with the kids out on the Birdsley's trampoline. He does this thing where he rocks the little ones in his arms and says "Go to sleep baby____. Go to sleep" and then he rolls them onto the tramp. Jack and Savannah loved it and had him do it repeatedly . And he lifted them up so that they could make baskets in the little basket ball hoops. We so wish Brent could have been here with us! He's busy studying, though. At least we got to Face Time for a bit.

Towards the end of the evening, Jack said to me "Food. Food." So I offered him some easy things like left over lasagna, garlic bread, apples, etc. He said no to all of them and then confidently walked over to the whole watermelon on the counter and pointed to it. I giggled because that's what I would choose too! Watermelon is the best but it's such a pain to cut!! He settled on a banana. He likes those and we had plenty cause we got produce that day! Yay! Jack is such a cutie.

Brag time! Not only does John always do all of the dishes, but he does them so fast! After making the two lasagnas earlier today (it was just enough to feed 15 people successfully! ), I went into the bedroom to make our bed and by the time I came back out to the kitchen, John had cleaned all of the dishes in the sink (it was a lot, like I said; I had just finished making two lasagnas). And then after everyone had left for the evening and I was headed off to bed (had to get up at 5:30) he started doing the dishes. I encouraged him to leave them for tomorrow, but he insisted he do them the same night. So sweet! Such an awesome husband!

I've got 3 eleven hour shifts ahead of me this week. Going to be a busy! Good thing I love all of my patients. Then we will have a nice relaxing weekend in Logan. And Sarah, we've got to schedule a girls' lunch/dinner before you guys leave to go back to Tennessee!

We want to go see the movies Pixels and Mission Impossible, sometime soon, too. Has anyone seen these yet? Also, just heard of a new sandwich place called Jersey Mike's Subs. Is it any good???

1 comment:

  1. That was so much fun! And I didn't even remeber you slipping on the floor until you mentioned it here, ha ha. I wish the kids could play with their aunt and uncle more often!

    ReplyDelete