Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Caught the Mouse!

July 29, 2015
It happened! After almost two months of a house mouse residing with us, his (or her; John thinks it's a she) life has come to an end.

Not only has he been living with us two months, the past two weeks we've had the "rat poison" traps set up all around the house. John got them and set them all up. We had been noticing that the mouse had been chomping away at the poison, but still gracing us with his presence. He was Mighty Mouse!

I did some research and decided to order the old school snap traps. Almost every review online stated that the best bait was chewed up tootsie roll. Boy was that true!

The traps arrived yesterday when I arrived home from work. I set them up almost immediately. Then at about 10:00, when John and I were getting all comfortable in bed (well, I was comfortable. John had a migraine), I heard a "Snap!!!" And then a scratching of little mouse claws, probably from the initial struggle.  We proceeded to check the trap in the fireplace, and there he was. It had snapped him right at his neck (so I'm hoping there was little to no pain). His mouth was in the process enveloping the entire tootsie roll piece when he died, which was really big for his mouth. It was kind of funny looking.

Let me just say that we went about a month trying to do the humane thing which was attempting to catch him and just let him out the door. That was NOT working, and he was eating through some of our things. And who knows what kind of a disease he possibly had.

John picked the carcass up and disposed of him (possibly "her") for me! Perks of having a cute husband.

I can't believe we had those "poisonous" traps for over two weeks and they did absolutely nothing! They were a lot more expensive than the old fashioned ones. They did the trick after having been set up for a measly 3 hours! Never trying any other kind. These are awesome!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that's all it took! I remember you telling us about the mouse. That's crazy!

    ReplyDelete