We were so excited to hear that Brock was coming into town. I'd been wanting to meet his kids. They all got to come for a couple of weeks, from Texas. His kids are so sweet and he's such a good dad. At one point Brock was taking to his teenage girl and pointed to John and said "This is who I went to college with." And then he said "I studied a lot, huh John." And of course John said "Yeah, a ton." Wink, wink. 8-13-16
Park City Arts Festival
We went to Park City Arts Festival! It's such a beautiful place up there! Almost everything was too expensive to actually buy, of course. I couldn't help but notice this beautiful white barn on the way up to Park City. I hope that John and I can get pictures taken there. How beautiful would that be to have a wedding there! So grateful to be living in such a beautiful place called Utah! Please stay Summer, forever!
John's Dentist Appointment
John went in for one of his many dentist appointments . He got his mouth guard ($400!) to wear at night. It looks like a piece of ice in front of his bottom teeth. Weird. I hope it helps him and his teeth. And that would be awesome if it helped him breath better at night too. We shall see! Man, John and I are doing a GREAT job of getting our bodies taken care of lately. So many doctor's and dentist appointments 8-15-16
Spine Appointment
I had my follow up appointment.John couldn't come cause he had his dentist appointment. It went really well. I let him know that the cervical steroid injection helped and that my pain has improved. He recommended I get another steroid injection, since it helped. When I got home, John and I swapped appointment stories. His mouth was still a bit numb, of course. And then he was a super star the rest of the day. He did dishes, cleaned the kitchen, insisted I nap, took all the garbage out. It felt so good to have all of that stuff done and to just be able to relax. I feel like I haven't truly been able to relax for about the past 1.5 years. It hurt so bad to lie down or sit. I think I drove myself crazy trying to stay ahead of the pain by exercising and moving around a ton. I'm so glad I got the MRI and embarked on this journey of healing my back. The medication and the shot and physical therapy are helping a lot. It feels so good to be able to truly rest. 8-15-16
Spine Appointment
I had my follow up appointment.John couldn't come cause he had his dentist appointment. It went really well. I let him know that the cervical steroid injection helped and that my pain has improved. He recommended I get another steroid injection, since it helped. When I got home, John and I swapped appointment stories. His mouth was still a bit numb, of course. And then he was a super star the rest of the day. He did dishes, cleaned the kitchen, insisted I nap, took all the garbage out. It felt so good to have all of that stuff done and to just be able to relax. I feel like I haven't truly been able to relax for about the past 1.5 years. It hurt so bad to lie down or sit. I think I drove myself crazy trying to stay ahead of the pain by exercising and moving around a ton. I'm so glad I got the MRI and embarked on this journey of healing my back. The medication and the shot and physical therapy are helping a lot. It feels so good to be able to truly rest. 8-15-16
Community
We've attempted a new TV series called Community, but are struggling because compared to Parks and Rec (which we just finished) it's not nearly as good. We figure we will continue to give it a chance, though. We'll let ya know. 8-15-16
Mom's Funny
John and I (especially John) were laughing about this hysterically! Mom is on this East Coast road trip with Brent, Sarah, the kids and Debbie and Richard. She sent me a text explaining one of their stops and what they were getting to do. I replied "That sounds so fun! John and I are so jealous!" So she replied "Oh, honey, you've gotten to go on lots of fun trips." I couldn't believe how hard and long John laughed at that. Apparently she took the jealous comment literally, and in a negative way. Ha ha! I think John has finally gotten to know who my mom is and what she is like so it reminded him of how she worries about people's feelings. 8-16-16
4th Physical Therapy Appointment
Finally met with the Physical therapist today. I let her know that I no longer have the tingling nerve sensations. She said that was really good. She gave me some new, harder exercises. She also said that it can take up to 6 weeks to feel the full affect of the steroid shot. So, I will wait 6 weeks post my last shot to possibly get another one. She also said that degerative disc disease can "heal." I don't know if I believe her cause that goes against all the research I've done. She said I'm young enough that I'm getting good enough blood flow to that region, so my degenerative discs, bulges and therefore arthritis could possibly heal. Pretty cool! Awesome appointment. 8-17-16

No comments:
Post a Comment