Cleaning Church
We spent about an hour cleaning the church. And Ken was there, cleaning as well; one of John’s favorites in the ward. Sigfreid and Susan are in charge of this so they were there cleaning, too. It was so good to get to know them better. I’ve always liked being in the church when almost no one is there. It’s so peaceful. I remember walking around the church halls with Mom and Leslie when we were kids. That was one of my more enjoyable memories. 10-22-16
Heidi’s 33rd Birthday
Saturday morning we visited Dahlia (our friend Anitra's sweet sweet pitbull. Seriously, John and I have never met a dog more sweet and loving than Dahlia) then went to Grand America for brunch (which was a surprise from John!), and then back to the Kerr’s to visit Dahlia (It’s been so fun watching her!). Saturday evening John and I went to Tsunami (Again- John’s idea and a total surprise!) for dinner and then next door to the movie theater; we saw the Magnificent 7. He wasn’t too excited to see it, but hey, he went anyway! I thought the preview looked good. Then Sunday morning we visited Dahlia twice, went to church, and then had a family birthday party with Christa and her family, as well as my mom and Simon. We even got to Facetime with Brent & Sarah and their kids over in Tennessee (I can’t believe they will be living here in Utah, coming up here, in mid-December!). John got the cake made. Isn’t it so cool looking! As for gifts- I got some very thoughtful cards (my favorite part of my birthday is reading those), an emoji puzzle book from Mom and Simon, a restaurant gift card from the Maynes (which will be used up pretty quickly, knowing John and me). Here’s to another great year for me! 10-22, 23-16
I have to admit that it got to a point where I was so full, I was getting food that I didn't even plan to eat all the way! I just started taking a bite out of each thing cause I simply wanted to see what it tasted like! Oh, and by the way, the blackened meat on the left is Mahi Mahi. But I only got one Mahi cause I wasn't that hungry (inside joke from a movie! Tell me if you got it!).
John picked this out, isn't it fabulous! He did such a great job! I love chocolate cake with chocolate icing!
Christa definitely knows me
Reading John's sweet card. And look at the incredible wrapping he did!
Watching Dahlia
Anitra asked us to watch Dahlia while they were gone one their trip to Washington D.C. We love Dahlia. Dahlia loves love. She loves love more than she likes food! It was so fun to watch her and John. My favorite were the times she attacked John with kisses and howled to the song of “Say Something, I’m Giving up on You.” And I love how John loves taking care of her. And he didn’t mind getting up early on his days off. I think she might be his favorite. He keeps saying “I wish she was ours!” 10-23-16
No comments:
Post a Comment