Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Famous VT, Injection Mess Up, Visiting Dahlia, Doughnut Falls, Since Injection, Community

My Famous Visiting Teacher

I was so excited when I first met my visiting teacher, Britney Haslam and she told me that she is on the show The Place, which plays on Fox 13 on weekdays at 1:00pm. John and I finally got the chance to watch it the other day. It was so fun to see her on her show. She's a natural!. -August 2016

Spinal Injection Mess Up

I went to get my second injection. When I walked into the procedure room and met the doctor I realized he wasn't Dr. Carlisle who had done my first one. When I asked he said that he'd been doing these injections for only 2 years. That got me nervous but I was trying to be brave, so I let him do it. As he was prepping me and marking my neck, he seemed really agitated, which was weird. Long story short, he stuck the needle into my spine three different times, trying to reach the right spot in my epidural space. He said that he couldn't get in between the two vertebrae and that there was a lot of scar tissue. I personally think those were just excuses. Especially the scar tissue part.  I was so glad John was there. It was so very frustrating. There was some soreness and new pain after that. Not too bad though. When I scheduled another one, they apologized and said they wouldn't charge us for this next one. Considering they're 6,000 dollars, that's pretty cool. But we have met our out of pocket through our insurance anyway so we wouldn't have had to pay anyway. -late August

Visiting Anitra (and Dahlia)

John and I had a day off so we invited ourselves over to Anitra's. I so so wanted John to meet Dahlia (her pit bull). It was love at first sight for John and Dahlia; kisses from Dahlia and everything! Anitra was very grossed out. Ha! After a kissing session with John, Dahlia would hurry over to Anitra, all excited and wagging her tail, like "Look at my new friends I found, Mom!"  -Late August

Doughnut Falls Hike

Cute Anitra asked me to do this hike with her and her new girls. I was a little nervous about going, given my back and all. I went though!  It was fun! And I forgot how beautiful it is up there. I need to take John before fall is up! -Early September

Since Injection

I have to say that ever since my first injection on August 3, my back and neck are feeling progressively better and better. Especially my neck. I can actually look down without being in bad pain! No more neck brace, I hope. This is so great. My physical therapy is helping too. I'm doing my exercises religiously.  9-7-16

Community

John and I have been watching Community for the last few weeks. We are really liking it. Ken Jeong is our favorite. Then I like Chevy Chase and John likes Danny Pudi.

No comments:

Post a Comment