Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Festival, Caught Mouse, Picnic with Canadas

Cultural Arts Festival

Since John had to work and I had the day off, Mom asked me to go up to Bountiful for a cultural arts festival. It was pretty fun.

Hawaiian Barbecue

Churro and funnel cake 8-5-16

Caught Mouse

After about 4 mouse traps where the mouse removed the tootsie roll WITHOUT triggering the trap, we finally got him! Didn't feel bad about this one cause he was such a stinker. I think the problem was that I wasn't pressing the tootsie roll piece hard enough onto the trigger plate. I decided to put this specific trap in the bottom drawer in the kitchen, next to the pots and pans, since this is where I'd seen a lot of his poop. Caught him within about 3 days. John was a gem again and disposed of him. I couldn't stand the site of him! But I wanted the details so I asked John what he was like. Well, first I asked him if it was a girl or boy (he has a sense for gender when it comes to mice). He said male. He said he was chubby (cause he'd eaten a ton of our mouse trap tootsie rolls) and that his eyes were wide open. Gross! No way I could have disposed of him! Especially with him staring at me! So glad I have such a helpful hubby. Seriously, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal to dispose of a dead mouse, but I think I would vomit if I had to! 8-9-16

The mouse crawled up into this drawer (and to the top one, too, I found out later on!)

This hole was in the side of the bag. Obviously made with little mouse teeth.

Here's the remains of the tootsie roll wrapper of which he chose to eat.

And he got this tootsie roll without triggering the trap!


Picnic with Canadas

We got together with the Canadas at Sugarhouse Park. John and Gordon played paddle ball and Britney and I caught up. It's been so long since we'd hung out. Seems that Charlie is her same old self. She's gotten accustomed to life without sweet Lucy (whom we miss so much). Best part of the evening was getting Lux to warm up to me. She was shy at first but quickly became comfortable with me. She loved my necklace. She loved to splash in the puddles. She was saying words like Dadda and ball. Best of all, she is a little chunk. . I was very naughty and picked her up a ton. Not sure how my back is going to hold up today. I will have to rest it this evening, for sure. 8-10-16

No comments:

Post a Comment