Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Friday, April 22, 2016

Conflicting Schedules, Baby Shower, Dentist, Softball Game, Hatch Visit

Conflicting Work Schedules
Mine and John’s work schedules are officially, officially conflicting. I now usually work 4 week days a week. And John works Thursday, Friday one week and then Friday, Saturday, Sunday the next. So we really seldom do have a simultaneous day off.  I’m really hoping that at his year mark in September he will be able to work more weekdays and less weekend days.  I'm really loving my patients, however. Happy with my boss, the new shift scheduler and the nature of the work. I'm one of their "oldest" employees and lots of patients' parents request me, so they're doing a lot lately, to make me happy. Which is nice.
Megan's Baby Shower
I was so glad to receive a baby shower invite for Megan, one of John's many cousins! It was so great  to see all of them again. It had been a while. The home was beautiful and the decorations. There was shrimp, halibut, lots of candy, melon, dipped strawberries. Gorgeous! And Holly made me feel a little better; she and her husband live in New York and she said they hardly have simultaneous times off as well.  What an experience that would be, though, to live in New York for a while!
 Em, Sadie, Leda, Cindy, Brianne and lots of other people were there. I caught up with Brianne, who I love. We made plans  to have lots of summer get togethers this year (despite mine and John’s opposing schedules). Can't help but be grateful for my new family.
 
 
Filing Cabinet
We've been in desperate need of a filing cabinet, but neither John nor I like the look. So we bought this off KSL and I'm working my magic with Annie Sloan. By the way, this thing looks little and light, but it's one of the heaviest pieces of furniture I've every carried (which isn't saying very much, but you get my drift). Next heaviest thing was John's old TV, which, thankfully, we sold over a year ago.
 
I'm painting it "Louise Blue". The cool thing about chalk paint is that it can stick to almost everything: metal, glass, plastic, etc. I’ve done about two coats, thus far, and we’re both loving the look. John said that I should paint all  of the filing cabinets at his work;  that it would "boost the morale"  for all of his co-workers. Cute.  That would be cool. But I highly doubt they would pay me to do it.  Flattering, nonetheless.
A "Short" version of "Watered" Down Humor
You maybe just had to be there for this one, but I thought it was hilarious! The other evening I was sitting at the table eating, looking over at John while he filled up his glass of water at the fridge water dispenser. He mentioned to me that we needed more tall glasses and that he didn’t like the short ones (the one he was filling up was a short glass). While he was looking at me, explaining why he liked the tall ones, he was still filling up his glass but paying no attention to it.  As a result, he over filled his short glass and got tons of water one the floor. It was so funny! Now he has more than one reason to want tall glasses! Oh, the irony. Highlight of my week.
Quote
I came across this quote the other day by Dr. Phil:
“You have to figure out what is important to you and then actively set up your world to ensure that your priorities are met.”
I'll let you analyze that for yourselves. Glean from it what you will. Love yourselves, people.
Dentist
There few things I hate more than doctor's appointments. One of them is dentist appointments. I finally went to the dentist after about 3.5 years (John made me. And the fact that my teeth have gotten super sensitive to cold sort of motivated me as well). Now my teeth feel new.  Still sensitive, but new other than that. It's great. The dentist said one of my very old fillings is totally decayed and that I need a new one. It’s so bad the silver has spread throughout my tooth and made it  look gray. I hadn’t even noticed my entire tooth is gray! And there are other recesses in my other fillings that need to be filled; probably due to my incessant grinding. No cavities though! 
When I got home I showed john my failed “dentist report card” (that’s what John called it.) I was very bugged by my bad scores. Don't worry, though I made the appointment to get my fillings fixed. Going to be pricey, though.
I'm amazed at the level of passion dental Hygienists have for teeth.  Mine worked on my teeth for about an hour. Most of our conversation (mostly one sided, for obvious reasons) consisted of teeth and how great they are.  I just don't see, it to be honest with you.  Hasn't every facet about teeth been discovered? The scope of research is so limited. So boring. No offense.
Side story: One week we ran out of Sensodyne toothpaste so I had to use the tube of regular toothpaste we had stored in our bathroom for emergency back up situations such as this. Even after using it once, I noticed a major difference. I couldn't  stand even lukewarm water touching my teeth! 4-19-16
Softball Game
I got to watch John play in his game finally! I love his “angry face” when his bat makes contact with the ball. He has to do it in order to hit the ball hard enough to get it to go far enough. He did a great job! He even pitched the first inning but got bugged because the other team was telling the women not to hit the ball so they could just walk.
 




 
I got to meet the CEO and a bunch of John's co-workers. so nice. Awesome night. John gets pumped and energized from these games. We are loving this warm weather!! Can’t wait for it to get even warmer! 4-19-16
Seborrheic Keratosis
It finally fell off! Yay! It’s definitely not a melanoma; for all of you who couldn't sleep due to worry.
Hatches Visit
John and I are really looking forward to the Hatches coming out here from Tennessee this weekend! It's been way too long!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment