Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Dermatology Appointment, Restored Dresser Sold!

April 6, 2016

Dermatology Appointment

Months ago, my OB/GYN found a suspicious looking mole on my back and told me to see a dermatologist ASAP. I didn't go until just the other day. The dermatology PA took one look and said it was most likely a seborrheic keratosis (not a mole). It's a growth. They aren't cancerous, thankfully. The problem with these growths is that they look a lot like melanomas, so it's best to get them removed just in case they are something more. He froze it off.  It hurt for about a couple hours after. It felt like a burn, for obvious reasons. If it doesn't fall off come May, it could be something more serious. Hoping for the best though. I think it will be okay. He said they’re genetic so heads up to all my sibs out there.

The PA also prescribed me a steroid cream for my eczema.  I've had eczema my entire life and never saw anyone for it. I've just been putting up with it all this time. He took one look at my legs (where it's the worst) and said "whoa!"  Hopefully the cream helps.  He also said I have to put regular cream on my legs twice a day! A fate worse than death. There's few things I hate more than putting cream or lotion on my body. Which is probably why my eczema is so bad. He said never use lotions because those usually have a significant and harmful amount of alcohol in them.
Something I thought was interesting- he looked at my medical history form and said that it didn't surprise him that I have hayfever, asthma and eczema. He said that for a lot of people- if they have one of those then they have the other two. All three of those usually go together. I had more intense asthma symptoms as a kid and had to take albuterol and everything.  It only recently started bothering me again. If there is smog in the air, I have to use the albuterol to keep my O2 sats to a normal level.  I've always struggled, however, with exercising in cold air. I've never been able to run out in the cold air without my bronchioles closing up.

Sold Dresser

Within 4 hours of posting the “Old White” dresser I restored on KSL, I got a text from a lady saying she wanted it. She came all the way from Saratoga Springs to get it because she loved it so much. I was at work but John showed it to her. He said she decided in under 1 minute that she wanted to buy it and she kept saying how much she loved it. I was so excited!  I’m really looking forward to my next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment