My Patient's Death
I was so caught off guard upon receiving this information, and my concern for the family was immediately at the forefront of my mind. They loved her dearly and had taken such good care of her for 21 years. I had only been with her for less than a year. Although she couldn't move or talk, she had such a sweet spirit I could feel, while taking care of her. She seemed to be able to communicate with me through her eyes. Such an amazing little girl... -May 2017
Park Party
We had one last get-together with Brent and his family before they moved to Oregon. We went to the park and had fried chicken with them, Mom, Simon, and the Maynes. It was so fun for me and John to talk with Brent and Sarah, and get more details on their Narrows' and European trips...(Side note: Good news, everyone- I think I've successfully talked John into hiking the Narrow's with me. Surprisingly, it didn't take much convincing. Don't know why. I'm actually kind of confused)... Most memorable part of the evening was hearing Brent's daughter call the zip-line on the playground the "Zip-lock line." 6-10-17
Hatches Move & Warriors Win Finals
Brent and his family spent the whole day packing their big moving truck. And before John was able to come home from work, they were all packed and ready to go. So John didn't get to say goodbye. So sad. Christa and her family came over and we all said our goodbye's. Mom and Simon got them some gifts that were perfect for each one of them. We got to watch them open them, which was SO fun. They fit them each, perfectly... I tried to prolong the "goodbye" so that John would be able to say goodbye to them and see them one last time, but it didn't happen... We did have some good news later that evening, though- We watched game 5 of the NBA Finals, and the Warrior's won! They had already won 3 games, so they won the whole thing! John and I were very excited!... I am, yet again, a good luck charm for John. Ha! 6-12-17
We are REALLY liking Kevin Durrant. Great player. Great addition to the Warriors.
My brother and his family, moving to Coos Bay, Oregon.
Steve was at work, sadly. So we couldn't get a pic with all of the siblings.
Movie Nights
John and I saw Wonder Woman and 47 Meters Down. We liked both of the movies, a lot. Wonder Woman was one of the best super- hero movies we've seen in a long time. I read that the star was pregnant for a short portion of the filming... 47 Meters Down has a trick ending... nope, not going to spoil it for you! We really enjoy shark/ alligator attack movies. Me, especially! This movie was totally worth paying the extra money to see it in theaters. -Mid-June
Finally had my long-awaited neurology appointment, cause I had to wait for our new insurance to kick in. Not sure if i mentioned, before, the symptoms I've been having, since about February: I had been working in a patient's home where I was exposed to VOC's for 10-11 hour shifts at a time, for months. I had horrible reactions to the VOC's. As a result, it made me extremely sensitive to any chemical smells, which of course caused migraines (of course. Hey, why not?); I was getting the migraines everyday... My doc prescribed Amitriptylin, which has been a miracle worker. He wanted me to get an MRI on my brain. I have since had the MRI, which I was pretty nervous about; not the MRI process, itself (I've had plenty of them), but the results. As luck would have it- the results showed no tumor and no permanent damage. Thank goodness. I feel like I'm back to my normal self, this medication has been so great! The Dr. says that I will just have to wait for my body to heal itself. Guess it could take months. Possibly years. Please, only take months! Then I can get off this medication 6-19-2017
School Tuition
John's employer will pay for $5,000 per year, of his schooling. That's been great news! He has to get his Bachelor's of Science in Nursing in order to apply for Nurse Practitioner grad school. Since he already has his bachelor's degree in Spanish from BYU and his Associate's in Nursing degree, it should only take him about a year to get the BSN... He should be starting in about a month. Hope he won't be too overwhelmed doing school and work, full- time. The really good news is that we have heard that NP school is easier than the undergrad nursing schooling. And it's easy to get into a mental health NP program and find a good mental health NP job because no one likes mental health. Well, no one, but John. 6-19-17
School Tuition
John's employer will pay for $5,000 per year, of his schooling. That's been great news! He has to get his Bachelor's of Science in Nursing in order to apply for Nurse Practitioner grad school. Since he already has his bachelor's degree in Spanish from BYU and his Associate's in Nursing degree, it should only take him about a year to get the BSN... He should be starting in about a month. Hope he won't be too overwhelmed doing school and work, full- time. The really good news is that we have heard that NP school is easier than the undergrad nursing schooling. And it's easy to get into a mental health NP program and find a good mental health NP job because no one likes mental health. Well, no one, but John. 6-19-17



No comments:
Post a Comment