Helped Mom
Christa and I went to Mom's and helped her clear out some things in the basement for the Hatches to move in. They will be here soon! It was fun to look through some of Grandma's paintings I've never seen and some of Grandpa's journal entries. Makes me miss them more! I got some of Mom's Christmas decorations and a couple dishes and books. 12-2-16
Ward Christmas Breakfast
John and I were so glad he didn't have to work! There was a little scare that he may have to go in, on call...The food was delicious, they were catered by the Waffle Love restaurant. We really like this ward. The members are so nice and friendly. We got to know Leah (Jack's mom) a little bit more. Afterwards, I got a text from Anitra saying Hayden's hand was broken from the day before during a wrestling meet. She asked us to fulfill her family's cleaning duty that morning. So we stayed a little longer and cleaned the windows; John did all of the outside windows while I did the inner. Thankfully! 12-3-16
Brock's Fiance
Brock (John's cousin who he's been pretty close to throughout the years) came into town and brought his new fiance! They will be married in two weeks in Texas. She was so nice, her name is Leticia. They look so happy together. So glad he was able to find such a wonderful person for him and his children! They are in Texas. They live about an hour from the Magnolia shop and she has been there! John and I are going to HAVE to go visit now! To see them and the shop! Apparently she is a big fan of Chip and Joanna Gaines! John and I love the show Fixer Upper... That evening we went to dinner at Red Butte Cafe and then the Christmas lights at Temple Square. The lights were actually quite disappointing. There are hardly any on the trees! Nothing like it was when we were kids! It was so great to hang with the Brockbanks and Birdsley's. Again, the kids were full of energy! And it was fun to hear about Brock's and John's adventures and funny stories as they reminisced; they spent summers together as kids, went on that big cruise together, and were roommates in college. 12-3-16
No comments:
Post a Comment