We went to the beautifully renovated Ogden Temple. My first time there since the renovation. And then, of course Farr's ice cream, which is just right there across the street. I was re-introduced to my childhood love of mint chocolate chip ice cream. And since then I've learned that Farr's brand is the only brand I like when it comes to mint chocolate chip. There has to be TONS of chocolate chips in it. Then we rushed back to Bountiful because Mom had a doctor's appointment. It was really funny to watch her try to manage while driving (I laughed so hard, it hurt!); She was taking the wrong turns, spilling ice cream on her white blouse. A couple times she tried to get wet wipes out as she dripped more ice cream on her blouse. Cute Mom. -Late October 2016
Look close, you'll see me as the black figure (I'm still caucasion, however) down near the bottom right section of the temple.
Our Nephew's Arm
We were so sad to hear of his accident! From what we heard, his arm slid down the chain of a swing. More or less. Such a nasty looking injury for such a young kid! 11-1-16
Almost looks like a Halloween make-up wound
John's Sour Fruit Strips
The other night John came home from a guys' night out (watching football) and he had a bunch of treats and candy, but the most memorable was the BIGGEST sour fruit strips bag I've EVER seen him get. Must have cost us a fortune!! I knew he loved these candies but I didn't know he loved them this much! I think he must have gotten a tummy ache halfway through the week, cause he offered them to Leda. - Early November 2016
The bag was actually a lot fuller than this in the previous days, but you get the point
New Patient
I got trained on a new patient at work. She was born with a lesion on her brain and severe brain anoxia at birth. She has little to almost 0 brain function (from what can be detected). She has no controlled movement and is on a ventilator. We are not to move her too much because her trachea is very stiff, so any movement of her trach can block her airway. Very tricky situation. -Early November 2016
Our niece's Play
John wasn't able to come cause he had to work (I'm getting really really REALLY bummed with these weekend shifts, after over a year of them). I got to go though, and I really enjoyed it. Got to catch up with Christa and the kids. The play was a fun version of Romeo and Juliet and it was pretty funny and well done, especially for a junior high play! My niece was in quite a number of scenes and had a lot of lines. I can't believe how old she is getting! She was my very first niece. I remember her day of birth, clearly, and how beautiful she was, inside and out, and now I'm getting to witness the same, today. 11-11-16
Some of the darling cast
The Hippie (Can't remember her character's name!)
Warriors & Football
It's that time of year again at the Kirschbaum household! We are, again, enthralled in the Golden State Warriors games. John is very excited because Kevin Durant is now on their team. I have to say, he's pretty good! And Stef is doing well too. It's funny- John and I have both noticed that Steve Kerr is getting more upset this year with incorrect calls; he's wearing his emotions on his sleeve, unlike the last two years. Makes for a more exciting game! John is, of course, loving his football games. He's in 2 different Fantasy Football contests this season. I'm still not into football, though. John and I have come to the conclusion that I never will be and we are both okay with that. He says "football is the kind of sport that- if you didn't watch it and like it growing up, you most likely won't like it as an adult."-November 2016
Grandma's Birthday
Today would have been my grandma's Loine;(pronounced "Lo-ween") birthday. Mom sent me a necklace of hers and now I wear it. I feel, at times, that Grandma is with me. I loved her so much. Miss her like crazy. I keep telling John about her, that she was the most loving women I've ever known. And she never complained (that any of us knew of!), even through all 3 cancers. She was an incredible woman. Warm, soft, but strong. 11-14-16
Grandpa and Grandma (Brian & Loine)
He looks like my brother, Steven. The hair is a little different...actually, A LOT different.
Weather
We haven't believed the mild weather we've had thus far! Just the other day it was 70 degrees! And it's been in the 60's this week. However, it snowed today and we had a low of 20 degrees, F. 11-17-16
Anniversary
2 years! Can't believe it. John and I were noticing how dreary, cloudy and rainy today was, in contrast to how beautiful the weather was on our actual wedding day...We had fun today! We went to the mall and got John's eye glasses fixed and he bought me a cool Golden State Warrior's hat, which I love! Then had lunch/dinner at Cheesecake Factory, and so of course we ordered cheesecakes to go (I think John's favorite dessert). He got banana, I got Godiva chocolate, and I think John actually liked mine more. I'm telling you- it's to DIE for. I usually keep mine in the fridge and take about 2 bites a day. Just to make the goodness last! . We wanted to go ice skating that evening but the Cottonwood Heights Center's rink was closed. So we went bowling instead. I know- SO traditional for us! Loved it! I love John! What an amazing journey marriage is! 11-21-16
Thanksgiving
John had to work! Again! So I went by my lonesome to Mom's and Simon's for dinner. I spent the better part of the day baking banana cream pies ( my contribution). The food was awesome and the people were even better- Steve, Nate, Christa and the kids. My favorite was getting fed peanuts by Christa's one year old- directly into my mouth! The girls' Reese's Pieces' turkeys were inventive. Nate smoked the turkey. Steve was the life of the party, using "sweet potatoes" in place of the word "fun" cause earlier Mom said the sweet potatoes she had made were fun. And laughing at his own jokes (sounds like someone I'm married to). Good memories! 11-24-16
I had to make the crusts twice because I burnt the first two. Didn't take that long, though. Crusts are pretty easy.
Side Effects
I've been on a medication for my back that has made me gain about 20 pounds in about 3 months. I'm pretty bummed about it. The med is causing some other problems, too, so I'm going to see if I can stay off of them, for the most part. 11/29/16
Still lookin' pretty good though!!
Traverse Mountain
We both had the day off , so we made a trip to Traverse Outlets to get some much needed's. It started to snow while we were shopping. Heavily. From the mall to the freeway entrance was about 2 hours. Yes, you heard that correctly...My favorite part, amid the traffic madness, occurred while attempting to stop at an intersection. It was slightly downhill and so we began to slide just a tiny bit. We weren't going very fast at all, so I was worried about touching the car in front of us; however, John had other concerns- As soon as he felt the 4Runner slide, he exclaimed "shooooot!" and immediately shot his arm over in front of me to hold me back. So sweet. I love him. 11-28-16
This tree was as tall as the stores. And it's real. We checked.
Earring Holder
For all you ladies- I found this awesome earring holder on Amazon. It's sturdy and functional and cute-
Apologies
"Don't apologize when there is no true offense."..... As a child and teen I said sorry a lot, unnecessarily. While I value the word and the goodness it brings to my relationships, it's important to remember- that which we hear and verbalize, repeatedly, becomes a part of our mindset and we eventually believe it, in most cases. When our conscious believes we are sorry, our subconscious tells us we must be guilty. Too much unwarranted guilt is not healthy, as most of us know. So before you say sorry- think to yourself- have I TRULY offended? 11-29-16
No comments:
Post a Comment