Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Christa's having a girl, Costco, Blankets, Bountiful Temple & 5 Guys

(Note: baby #8 is in the mommy's tummy)

Last Thursday was Christa's gender ultrasound. That day she sent me a picture of the puzzle she and Nate made and had the kids put together that morning to surprise them with the big news. Up until then, they didn't know their mom was pregnant! They are very excited, to say the least! And now they only have 1/2 the length of the pregnancy to wait rather than the full!

After work, John and I took a walk around Sugarhouse Park. I forgot to take my phone so I had him text Christa, asking her for the gender. She responded: "Are you sure you want me to tell you guys now? Do you want to wait for the gender reveal party?" I had him text her "definitely not!" So she told us- she's having a girl! I immediately thought of Erika- Christa told me that Erika's been talking about a little sister and that she was praying for one. So cute!

We are so excited for them! This will be number 8! All C-sections! This has got to be some kind of record for greatest number of C-sections for one woman! We can't wait to meet her. She's got a lot of love waiting for her here on earth!

We love you guys!

Definitely a girl...

April 23, 2015

 
John got pretty sad when he was doing the dishes and turned around to see the "Heidi is my favorite aunt ever" messages that Kelly and Charity left for me.  He said with a frown on his face "Where's mine?" Notice his blue dishwashing gloves. He won't do them without them. Don't want to touch anything icky. Cute.
 
April 29, 2015
 
Our Costco trip today was very memorable... On our way over to the cheesecakes, we passed by one of his ex-girlfriends Melissa. When we first saw her I had no idea who she was. I thought she was just another one of his many female acquaintances (we usually see someone john knows when we are out in public). He politely waved, smiled and said “hi”. She looked surprised and caught off guard, as we were. As we walked away, under his breath he said “Uh…. that was Melissa…” They dated for a few months while he and I were just friends. Long story short, HE was the one who broke up with HER. He remembered that she had been pretty upset about it (Keep in mind, this was like 3.5  or 4 years ago.) If that wasn’t awkward enough, a few minutes later we accidentally passed by her again. This time I knew who she was, got a better look, smiled and waved, as John did, yet again. This time she did not look happy at all! She looked me up and down, no smile, and no wave. Ha! He couldn't figure out why she seemed so upset and asked "Do you think she's mad that we didn't do a stop and chat?" Definitely not! I'm 100% sure she wanted out of there!

 
 We laughed about it as we finished shopping and drove home. It felt good to know that I was good enough for him, while others weren't. I was the special one for him.  I told him “I can’t help that I’m so likeable and that more girls can't be like me.” He laughed.
John LOVED the cheesecake.
 
I've been making these minky blankets for my sister and some friends for their upcoming babies. I had so much fun with them and it was so easy! I found a tutorial on Youtube. The minky material is really hard to work with, though. It's very slippery.
Christa's and baby____

Kim and her little baby boy

Britney for her baby girl Lux. Their nursery colors are orange and Gray. Way cute!
 
April 30, 2015
 
We were able to meet Christa and Nate at the Bountiful temple to do some temple sealings. It was my first time . It was cool hearing all the Swedish, Finnish, and Scandinavian names. John was a witness so he got a really good look at them.  After one of the sealings, Nate asked the sealer if the name he just did was Swedish. He said ‘yes’. John said ‘He knows the chocolates.” Such a jokester, even in the temple. Kind of reminds me of Grandpa. Different kinds of humor, but Grandpa was almost always keeping a great sense of humor and keeping things light and fun. The  sealer pronounced our last name correctly: Keersh-bah-oo-m. But every time he said it, I thought he was about to say “Kirstin.” It felt weird. It felt like the wrong last name
 





Two guys at Five Guys. Actually it was two guys and two girls.
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this post, and that it's about me :), but update already :). I want to hear what's going on in your life!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm glad that you enjoyed the fact that this post was about you! I actually update mine and John's private blog all the time. I think I worry that no one is reading this one. But since I have a request (from you) I will update!

      Delete