Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Independence Day, Settling In, VEEP, John's Oops Moment

Independence Day

We did go to the  little fair at West Bountiful Park, got some "World's Best Corndogs"  and snow cones. Then we sat in the shade of the pavilion and striked up a fun conversation about our "worst dates" from before he and I dated. It was pretty fun to be reminded, again, of how much better I am than all the other girls he dated. What wife doesn't like to hear that, am I right?... That evening we went to Kaysville to their food venues/ fireworks event. The parking was awesome and the area to lay out blankets and chairs was spacious. They had great entertainment- a band that did a great job. There was dancing. When the fireworks started they were going off in every direction. On our way home on the freeway, we caught sight of ALL of the fireworks shows in that whole area, on both sides of the freeway. It was an awesome day! It's still my very favorite holiday of the year! When I told John that it was in fact my favorite holiday, he made sure we made it memorable. 7-4-17





Settling In

This past Independence Day, for some reason, made me realize that for the past 13 years I haven't been living in Davis County, I've actually kind of missed it. It's nice to be in these smaller towns. Salt Lake City/ Holladay has a very different feel. For example, the fruit in these grocery stores are so much fresher! John and I have been binge-eating peaches! Side note- I'm pretty sure John loves fruit, now, because of me. He's really loving strawberries and peaches. And so am I! I just LOVE summer. And being out here in Davis County- it just feels more like "home." Not sure I ever really felt "at home" in Utah County or Salt Lake City... Our apartment is looking REALLY cute. We, most of all, love having our own place. I've decorated our new place really well, we've sold a lot of our furniture so we can have more space in here. We were both sad to sell our black dining table, cause it was so nice, but we just needed some more open space!.. We enjoy being on the fourth (top floor), but we aren't crazy about the road that is right outside our window to the west. For some reason cars really rev up their engines on it, and when the big industrial trucks drive by, it shakes the apartment!... We went to the pool the other day. He's getting some good lap swimming in. And it's fun to simply walk to the movie theater when we want to catch a flick.

VEEP

John and I decided to start the VEEP series, with Julia Louis Dreyfus playing the leading role. We are on season 2 and we are really liking it. Our favorite character is Gary, played by Tony Hale; he's been in some other shows and movies that we've really liked. Julia Louis Dreyfus plays the first female vice president, Selina Meyer. She does a really good job. 7/5/17

John's Oops! Moment

John doesn't get embarrassed easily, but it sure did happen today! Back story: Yesterday when John and I were waiting for the elevator to open, when it did, a cute little dog shot out immediately and was so excited to see us. His owners were right there with him and calmed him down and everything. John loved it. That's one of the things he loves about living here- all of the dogs! Anyways- today, we sold our black dining table and John helped the lady and guy carry it and the chairs down to their car. On his way back, he stopped at the apartment right next to ours, thinking it WAS ours (you can guess it- he was busy looking at his cell phone!). He walked right into their apartment and that same dog jumped out immediately, and ran to John. He apologized, of course, but enjoyed that short moment he had with the dog. Then he let them know that we could dog-sit for them any time they needed it. So funny! 7-5-17

No comments:

Post a Comment