My OB/GYN (whom I really like) did a ultrasound and found polyps in my uterus (despite the fact that I had a lap/hyster just 4 months ago!) and he insisted it had to be removed, if John and I are wanting to get pregnant, which we are. He was able to do the surgery that next week. Compared ty the lap/hyster I had in March, it was practically painless. Glad that's over and done with! Who knows, I might need to get another one in a few months! I must be in my 30's or something... 7/13/17
Cat Porn
At least that's what Dave and Kate call it.... John went to Dave and Kate's after work to start a new season of Game of Thrones. He took this picture:
Roman's Farewell Party
We decided to see an afternoon matinee of War for the Planet of the Apes. It was pretty good. On our walk back home we got a call from Hunter asking if we would like to join them at the Brockbanks for a celebration regarding Roman's mission farewell. We said yes! Driving out there and being out there made me miss Salt Lake City. We had a lot of fun! We were bummed we missed out on Roman's actual farewell, which was in Carlsbad. But we were very glad that we got to see him and his family anyway! John wrote him a card gave him some advice and told him the "hazing" secret about the vacuums and lights turning on in the middle of the night. Just to give him a heads' up...I got to meet Kirsten and Tristan for the first time. What an amazingly strong, sweet family they are! As soon as we can we are going to make the trip out to Carlsbad for a visit... And we couldn't believe it- Abbie and Spencer have been married over a year already! Time flies!...My favorite moments: One of the twins came up to me and said "I was just thinking last night that I miss you and John and wanted to see you." Cute!... Also, the dog Betsy. She loves Abbie and does the cutest things with her paws, sitting up on that outside couch. 7/17/17
Boy on left is Tristan, the one who has been diagnosed with Leukemia twice and is now in remission. It was a remarkable experience, meeting him. What a fighter he is!
Lunch with Emily
I had a very late birthday lunch with Emily. How's my gift wrapping job? I love it! ... 7/18/17
Missing Nana
In either the early mornings or evenings I've been walking around outside. I don't know if it's the smells or what- but being here reminds me so much of Nana and our Sunday night visits to "Bountiful." It feels good to be here. Maybe Nana's spirit is still here. Maybe she goes on my walks with me. 7/20/17
Nana and Me
Mom's New TV
Mom and Simon's new TV (that John found for them) finally arrived. John and I went over there (directly after his 13 hour shift!) and John set it up for them for a couple hours. So nice of him!! I could tell John really enjoyed it though. He loves new electronic devices. 7/20/17
Faith & Reason
One of my favorite authors is writing a book called "God, Faith and Reason." The title had me intrigued. I did some research on the premise of the book. He talks about faith and reason and that they go hand in hand- they are like fraternal twins. You can only attain so much reason and logic before your forced to realize that there's got to be an "author" of it all; logic functions almost too perfectly. He referred to some quotes by Albert Einstein that I really like (I've read a couple biographies on Einstein and I think he's fascinating):
"I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element; I want to know His thoughts. The rest are details." (The Expanded Quotable Einstein, Princeton University Press, 2000 p. 202)
"I see a pattern, but my mind cannot imagine the maker of that pattern. I see a clock but I cannot envision the clock maker. The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions, so how can it conceive of a God, before whom a thousand years and a thousand dimensions are as one?"(The Expanded Quotable Einstein, Princeton University Press, 2000, p. 208)
"When the answer is simple, God is speaking."
I'm not a believer in blind faith and I feel there is logic and reason that can be found in almost all that God allows to be carried out or asks us to do. We, as human beings, live in a world of morals and logic; I believe those are interrelated as well. Almost all the morals we have today, as a society, originated at the time of the New Testament. 7/21/17
Collage Bookcase
We are all moved in and most of our décor is up. I invented this thing called "Collage Book Case," mostly because we have limited space here and therefore limited space to put pictures and little knick knacks. I think I have seen this on Pinterest, but I will just go ahead and take credit for it here:
I've got some of Grandma's knick knacks that I couldn't bear putting away in a Tupperware or drawer. And then of course, the little knick knacks from London that reminds us of John's sister and her family. 7/21/17

No comments:
Post a Comment