Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Dinner, Work Ladies, Logan

January 21, 2016
The other night John and I planned on going bowling and by the time we got there we discovered it was their bowling league night. So we decided to treat ourselves to some Bombay House. So yummy! Got our usual Shrimp Coconut Kurma, Chicken Tikka Masala, and Garlic Naan.

  The following picture  is small, but if you look close you'll see Winnie, Star and Whitney. In one of my patients' classes. Love these ladies.
 
Logan
 
John and I finally got a simultaneous weekend off, so we went and visited Grandma and Grandpa Kirschbaum in Logan. Jim's Christmas card was a somewhat subtle reminder that we still hadn't visited Beverly after her stroke.
 
It was so great to see them. We went up Saturday. There was quite the snow storm and several cars had slid off of the road. We were so grateful to have our 4Runner. One of the many times we've felt so grateful for the 4 wheel drive.
 
We went to Blue Bird Diner that evening for dinner. Jim was raving about it.
 
I was surprised at how fragile Beverly was. She needed a lot of assistance walking to and from the car.  And she seemed to have forgotten a lot of things, like family members' names.
 
The next morning, Jim made us a yummy breakfast of pancakes, sausage and bacon. Then we went to church. It was so cute because Jim and Beverly said they only wanted to go to Sacrament meeting and Gospel Doctrine. On our way out the door while the men were headed into priesthood, trying to direct Jim into the room, he kept on saying "We're going to another ward. We're going to another ward." So funny!
 
We got to their house and I took a long nap. Much needed, by the way. When I woke up Carol was there with her grandson Kingston. He was so cute! He was so tired but wouldn't go to sleep cause he was so interested in all of us. He's very social.



 
We then went over to Christy and Tyler's for Tread's birthday party. The theme was penguins cause those are his favorite. Christy did such a great job with decorations. I don't know how she finds the time, since she works, too!  I went to give Tread high 5 and a happy birthday when we left and he didn't lift his hand up. I thought he was rejecting me but he immediately came in for a hug instead. So cute! They're all so nice. It was so nice to spend some time with Mary, John, and Jaimie. Jaimie just gave birth to her newest little Millie. She was so so cute. They were all so welcoming and nice. John and I were a little freaked out by the huge turtle they had though. We're more of dog people! They have dogs too. Huskies. But we didn't get to see them. Bummer.
 
Fun weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment