Kiss, kiss

Kiss, kiss

Friday, March 25, 2016

B-ball, Trump Rally, Dresser, April Fools Ideas, Piano Painting, Dog Sitting, Work Party, Witch Dr.

 
March 12, 2016
Basketball Games
Thankfully John and I had a simultaneous Saturday off. And it happened to be a day that Brad and Luke had their last basketball game. John and I haven’t been able to go to any of their games yet, this season. It was fun to watch them. I can’t believe how good Luke is, despite the fact that he’s smaller than the other players. He and Brad are both really good. They happened to play two games (the second was not really their team) and Nate and John coached them. It was cool to see them do that together. John used to coach basketball and he loved it. He loves kids.

Afterwards, John and Buddy reunited (so cute) and we went over to the park down the road. We played kickball and tossed the football around. There were some sad accidents, like the one where Erika was pitching to John and he kicked it directly into her face. Really hard, apparently. She was not a happy camper. John and I felt so bad! She cried for a bit but surprisingly got over it pretty fast.
What a fun day. And it was so nice to get some sun. We are so looking forward to summer!
 
March 14, 2016
Brent’s Birthday Convo
Brent and I talked on the phone for his birthday and we had a pretty fun conversation. Well, I don’t know if Brent thought it was fun, but I did. We discussed politics! The topic of choice for me, especially this time of the year. He had some questions about Donald Trump. I did my best to attempt to convince him that he’s the best candidate. I don’t think it worked but at least I tried. John had been listening to our conversation and said he was impressed that we talked for 2 hours!  Brent and his family are going to come visit Utah in April. John and I are really looking forward to it! Hopefully Savannah can still say my name.
March 18, 2016
Trump Rally in Utah
I really am a geek, by the way. If you haven't figured that out yet. I was VERY hesitant to make this post but Christa and my mom really wanted to know the details of the rally, so here it is.  I've really been looking forward to Trump coming to Utah. Thankfully I had this Friday off! But unfortunately John did not.  And I don't know anyone else that likes Trump, so I went solo.
When I got there at 3:30 there were like 100 people ahead of me.

 
I was really disappointed John could not come. It definitely wasn’t as fun without him. But the people I stood next to in line and inside the event center were super nice. One guy was actually a Cruz supporter; Trump was his second choice. He said he came to the rally to get a “Make America Great Again” hat for his son who had to work that day. When we got to the front of the line and into the building he discovered they didn’t have any of the Trump parafenalia. You should have seen his face. I got to witness his reaction. It was hilarious! He had been standing in line with me for about 2 hours.




Not Trump.

At about 5:30pm I got through security and into the center. I happened to be about 2 or 3 rows back from the front. But I noticed there was a large space in front of the railing that separated us from the stge. A little while later I noticed the workers gathering a bunch of military vets. Then they had them all go to the very front into that space. This included their family members. So I went from being about 3 rows back to 10 or 15 rows back. It was kind of a bummer.




Trump. Sadly, a VERY bad picture
The rally was supposed to start at 7:00 but Trump didn’t get there until 8:00pm.  The funny thing is that we were very much anticipating his arrival that full hour. And since we all had smart phones we were able to tell the exact time he landed at the SLC airport , when he was en route to the center and when he arrived. The audience members on the right side of the auditorium held the curtains back on the side windows and waited for his motorcade to drive by. So we knew exactly when he arrived. Within a minute or two he came out on stage.
 


We were all so excited and cheering. His speech was similar to his prior speeches in other states. John said he tried to watch it on Youtube but it crashed because over 33,000 people were trying to watch it live.
I really enjoyed it but towards the end I was ready for it to end. He spoke for about an hour. I had held my bladder for 6 hours total, hadn’t eaten or drank very much, and I had been standing for 6 hours straight. A lot of the elderly audience members left early and I could understand why.
Trump ended his speech with a “Thank you” and “I love you all” and then left the bulding right then and went right to the airport. I was disappointed that he didn’t walk through the crowd and give autographs like he has in rallies past. He did have to get going though. He had 2 rallies in AZ the next day.
Then they had us exit the building through the back of the building (behind the stage) so that we could get out safely. They asked us to stay away from the front of the building once we were out because 600 South had been blocked off due to the number of protestors. They took up almost an entire block. I did walk past some as they yelled at us “F---- Trump! F--- Trump!” Later on I found out on Twitter that they had been blocking the front entrance of the building and knocking down the Police tents, etc. I saw a video of the cops having to push back against them because they were attempting to use their large numbers to force through the line of defense of the police and get into the building.
I also found out that for the entire day of the rally there were secret service agents up in the top floor of the Grand America Hotel across the street, surveying the event center and the surrounding areas to detect any dangers. I saw some of them coming out of the hotel as I stood in line. The German Shepherds they had with them were huge and incredibly obedient.
I was a little nervous walking to my car, carrying my “Make America Great Again” sign. Straying protestors would undoubtedly know that I was a Trump supporter. I was okay and safe, of course.
March 20, 2016
Daddy’s Home
John and I were hesitant to watch the movie “Daddy’s Home.” It received 30% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and John and I usually look to that rating system and trust it, generally. This movie was hilarious from the very beginning to the very end. Will Ferrell is hilarious and Mark Wahlberg is good at playing a bad boy.
Some of our favorite lines from the movie:
“So did you give him some advice?”
“Yeah, he’s going to do some trust falls on the playground.”
“Do you think that will work?”
“Yeah, if they catch him.”
March 22, 2016
Another Restoration Project
I’m restoring the dresser that I have been using the past few years that I got from KSL. Now I’m using John’s old dresser that he had been storing here in the Brockbank’s basement. It turned out to be better and bigger.
The dresser I’m restoring is solid wood and it had an orange-ish stain on it. John liked it but I realized it was kind of outdated. I stained the top with a Java color. And I’m going to stain the feet as well. And then the body and the drawers I’m painting Old White and putting the Polycrylic on it. I’m excited to see the end result! I’ll either sell it or use it for our first kid.
Weather
The weather has been unpredictable lately. Just when we thought spring was finally here (the temperatures were up in the 70’s), it started to snow yesterday and today. And the high today is 45 degrees. I’m so wishing it would just get warm and stay warm!!
April Fools Ideas
Not sure what April Fool’s joke I’m going to play on John this year. Let me know if you have any ideas. He usually doesn’t appreciate them, but I just HAVE TO participate! It only comes once per year. I’ve pulled some funny ones in the  past. One year on April Fools day, when I was at work, I texted John that the Maynes just texted me and said that Buddy ran out into the street the night before and got hit by a car and died. He believed it and was devastated. When I told him the truth he was not appreciative. He saw no humor in it. I did at the time but looking back, it really wasn’t funny. Not sure why I chose that joke…
Then the next year (or maybe it was the year before) I was on an EJ shift and working alongside my co-worker Kris. That day she told me she had gotten some Botox injections the week before. She had all the info- what it was called, where she got it done, how long it lasts, etc. So I texted John with all the info and said that I wanted to get Botox injections. We went back and forth for a while. I think at one point in the conversation he believed me, but it didn’t last. I was actually pretty convincing. But he knows I don’t care about my appearance that much.
Seems like texting is the most effective way to lie. You don’t have to have a good poker face. When I lie I usually start laughing, so texting is the best way.
 
March 25, 2016
Painting Piano
Yesterday was a busy day. I was FINALLY able to get started on the piano project for Christa. She has a really beautiful 100 year old piano and she’s been wanting me to paint it for a while now. The color she chose is a kind of light aqua (more blue than green, though). It’s her favorite color. And it matches her front room really well.  I’m glad I picked out just the right shade! I was surprised to see, when I got to her house, that her nails AND her shoes were the exact same color. That’s when I knew I had succeeded with the color choice.

John would have been very pleased with Cherry's sweater choice.

It looks really light in this picture because of the lighting in the room. The color will deepen once it put the polycrylic on.
I was there painting for about 5 hours. The time flew by so fast cause Christa and Nate and the kids that were home stayed in the room most of the time, keeping me entertained, chatting it up. I got 1.10 coats done. I can’t wait to see what the end result looks like!  The best part of painting for Christa is that I get a built in assistant, free of charge. Ha! Whenever I needed something she or Nate just got up and got it for me, it was great. Usually, when I do projects at my place I’m running all over the place.
Dog Sitting
The Canadas are out of town for the weekend so they asked us to visit the dogs and feed them/take them on walks. So I went from piano painting directly over to their place. The dogs were right at the door when I walked in. They were so excited to see me! It was good to see them. I saw cute pictures of Gordon, Britney and Lux on their fridge and it made me miss them. I haven’t seen them in quite a while! Lux is getting so big! Darwin was there too, but he’s scared of other people so I didn’t get to see him! Bummer. He’s a cutie
Work Party
I went from dog feeding directly over to the Mega Plex theater in Sandy for one of John’s work party (Apparently they do appreciation parties 2 or 3 times per year). The facility reserved a theater for us and we saw the Batman vs. Superman movie. First we had a raffle drawing (John and I didn’t win) and then we watched the 3 hour long movie (and John had to be to work at 6am the next day! I didn’t have to go in until 7). The movie was okay. I didn’t really like the story line but the acting and special effects were pretty good. John and I are kind of over the whole super hero/saving the world movies. There are lots of them. It was really good to meet some of the people John works with and talks about. He insisted we sit by him. John gets along really well with people, especially his co- workers. They all really like him and appreciate his appreciation for mild workplace drama. I could tell. And I was glad I could be there for him.
Witch Doctor
Christa told me a doctor her friend Emily went to see who helped rid her of her seasonal allergies. The practice is called Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimation Techniques. Address is www.naet.com if any of you are interested. I’m going to call them ASAP. I would do almost anything to get rid of my hayfever and allergies to cats and dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment