I finally finished my friend Rebecca's stools! I had a lot of fun doing them, but it's been such a crazy, emotional time this past month, at times it was hard to find the additional energy to complete them quick enough. She really loved how they turned out though, and I did too. She sent me this picture of them in her kitchen. Her kitchen looks amazing too! She and her husband just re-did their kitchen and it looks fabulous.
November 21st was... You guessed it! Our 1st anniversary! That night turned out to be awful though, so we celebrated a couple days later. We went to Rustic Chicken for dinner, watched our wedding video while eating our frozen (reheated) wedding cake (which happened to taste REALLY good). Then I opened my gift from John (I didn't get him anything).
He got me this awesome Nikes .
At my patient's school they had Ronald McDonald come and do a little magician show. It was pretty cute and the magic was legit. He kept asking and teasing Whitney about her purple hair. It was pretty funny.
John and I had to work around Thanksgiving day, so we weren't able to make the trip up to Idaho. We were bummed. Me, especially cause I'm wanting to get to know that side of the family better. And I love taking road trips with John.
We got to hang out with the Canada's dogs!
John and Charlie
John is fake sleeping for the pic. And no, this isn't heaven or a dream; my camera lens is just dirty.
And then of course we had our own feast on the big day.
I had a lot of fun with it.
I got a turkey from Costco that basically just needed to be cooked in the oven. It was super convenient but I didn't like the taste of it. I will definitely take the time to thaw/prepare a frozen turkey, myself next time.
The smells that were filling up the kitchen all day were killing Charlie and Lucy.
John naturally knew it was his duty to carve the turkey. He did a great job!
Looks so fancy! I did a great job!
We put 10 popcorn kernals in our little bowls and throughout the dinner we listed off the ten things we were most grateful for.
This is our fridge after. With all the leftovers squeezed in there. Thanksgiving left overs are the best. Except for this particular turkey. But it didn't seem to bother John, so that was good.
Can I just repeat- I love our fridge! So glad we chose this one!
They are really good at begging. .
At Mom's little Thanksgiving get together on Saturday, I decided to bring the dogs with me since John had to work.
Charlie was so hyper at the beginning. She attacked Jack with kisses til he cried.
Kelly and Erika's dance they choreographed.
November 29, 2015
John had to work today, so he wasn't able to go to church, unfortunately. And it snowed slightly the night before but it was enough to make it super slick on his way down the steep Tolcate Hills Drive. He said that he was going sideways down that road. Makes me sick to think about because there is literally no barrier in between the road and the drop off. He did make it to work though. And home! And then when he got home he realized he had the medication key in his pocket so he had to drive all the way back down there again!
And I didn't dare try to take my Honda down that road this morning to church. John didn't think I should and I didn't feel comfortable doing it. And John had the gate opener anyway and I definitely wouldn't have been able to get up the road to reach Wasatch Boulevard. We really need to get 4 wheel drive.
So I spent the day at home, cleaning, vacuuming, and putting up Christmas decorations. I'm realizing that I have a lot more space to cover here now that we live in such a large area. I'm going to need to buy some more Christmas decorations!
No comments:
Post a Comment